Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 doesn't detect home WiFi

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 doesn't detect home WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, On newly installed Windows 10 I have problems with Wifi connection. OS doesn't detect my home WiFi. But it can detect WiFi shared from my phone. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by okmanek, May 29, 2018.

1. okmanek Win User

Fresh Windows 10 doesn't detect home WiFi

Hi,
    On newly installed Windows 10 I have problems with Wifi connection. OS doesn't detect my home WiFi. But it can detect WiFi shared from my phone. On the same PC I have Linux installed and it CAN detect and connect to the WiFi, so it's not network range issue.

Here's what I already tried to do:
    > tried to connect on fresh system AND after installing network card drivers
    > turn firewall on and off
    > enter WiFi data manually (pretending that this WiFi is hidden - in fact it is not). Still getting connection error
    > Restarting router few times

Does anyone of you have idea what might be the problem?

My WiFi card is:
    8level PCIe Wireless N300 802.11n/b/g (WPCIE-300A)

:)

okmanek, May 29, 2018

2. Unable to detect home WiFi after upgrading from Window 7 to Window 10

Before upgrading, I can connect to my home WiFi and also able to detect neighboring WiFis.

After upgrading, I can still detect neighboring WiFis, but I cant detect my home WiFi.

Downgrading to Window 7 fixed the issue.

Information that might help:

• I do not have VPN installed.
    • I tried to turn off real time protection, uninstalled antivirus, turned off firewall.
    • Updated my wifi adapter through device manager (it was already updated it said).

Second problem:

However, on Window 7, I am unable to connect to my mobile phone HotSpot (for gaming, WiFi is unstable for this purpose). Upgrading to Window 10 solved this.

Please assist, thank you very much

Sam

Lit SimeChong, May 30, 2018
  3. Ruix... Win User
    Not detecting home wifi

Hi,

My phone is suddenly not detecting my home wifi. It finds other wifi just fine.

It was connecting to my home wifi properly but today it suddenly can't find my home wifi.

I tried restarting my phone n my home wifi. But the problem is still there.

Ruix..., May 30, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10 doesn't detect home WiFi

1. Fresh Windows 10 doesn't detect home WiFi - Similar Threads - Fresh doesn't detect

2. W10 doesn't detect my WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 doesn't detect my WiFi: Hi there redditers, my daughter's PC has started ignoring the WiFi connection at home. It can list all the neighbours' as available WiFi connections, but not just ours. Any ideas on how to fix it? The router works just fine, all other devices can see it, and maybe not a...
  3. Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected: Hello ,I have a problem with Wifi connection on windows 10 . I don't know why it happened because I used ethernet connection for some months and it must have been some update I did. My computer is a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 and there is not even the wifi logo anymore Everything...
  4. Wifi doesn't show Home's wifi but show neighbouring wifi(s)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't show Home's wifi but show neighbouring wifi(s): Hi, it's been quite some time since i came here for help. But behold Microsoft didn't kept me long. So it's been 3 days since i'm experiencing this on my HP Laptop running Windows 10 20H2 build 19082.645. But 3 days ago i was running version 1909, and this problem was also...
  5. Windows 10 Home is not detecting Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home is not detecting Headset: So I am having a problem, my computer is not detecting that I plugged in my headset. So I own a headset called the Runmus 2k. The headset has 1 plug but comes with its own audio and mic splitter. My laptop only has 1 jack which is an audio jack so I use the Runmus's mic usb...
  6. Home wifi network not detected

Home wifi network not detected: I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network. - My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad. - My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine....
  7. Ubuntu doesn't detect windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ubuntu doesn't detect windows 10: Ubuntu doesn't detect Windows 10 OS and I can't install ubuntu alongside it. I have checked the C drive for errors and found none. Secure boot is also disabled. I have all the requirements. 2.40GHz dual-core processor, 16GB RAM, Plenty of remaining space, GPU capable of...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't detect monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't detect monitor: My device can't detect my monitor. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-detect-monitor/d3c2b789-8f0f-41dc-a256-b4761857693d
  9. Home Wifi not detected, but Neighbors and Mobile is.

Home Wifi not detected, but Neighbors and Mobile is.: Hey guys, me again. So I have factory restarted the modem, made it seperate it's 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels. I have done everything recommended to my TP-Link USB Wireless Adaptor. I can't update my version of Window due to lack of internet and even when I could, it still...
  10. fresh install 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fresh install 10 home: I'm trying to install win 10 as a fresh install. I do not have any other phone than an old school landline. The install will not continue until I give it a mobile number. When did this start and why? Mark...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows doesnt detect router