Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I’m having some trouble trying to figure out a sequence of events or if this is even possible. The situation: It is becoming apparent that I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sharksntacos, May 8, 2020.

1. Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives

Hello, I’m having some trouble trying to figure out a sequence of events or if this is even possible.

The situation: It is becoming apparent that I’m in need of a fresh Windows 10 install, I migrated my install over to an Intel based cpu/motherboard from my previous Ryzen setup. Occasionally get crashes and restarts, and a few conflicts with devices.

The complication: I have four drives, a 500 GB SSD with Windows on it, two 1TB SSDs with games (only one is in use, the other is new), and one 1.5 TB HDD for other bulk storage. I’d like to avoid having to wipe the 1TB SSD with the games because downloading almost 1TB of data would be a bummer and take forever. I’d also like to stripe the two 1TB SSDs to be used as one volume.

Doing the fresh install of Windows is the least of my worries. Can I clone the one SSD with games to the HDD, stripe the two 1TB SSDs, and then move the image back? In what order of operations would it be suggested that this happen, before or after reinstalling windows? What would be the potential headaches be? Any recommended image/clone software or application? Appreciate any help or suggestions!

submitted by /u/sharksntacos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sharksntacos, May 8, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 8, 2020
  4. Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives

1. Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives - Similar Threads - Fresh install consolidating

2. Fresh Install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install of Windows 10: I've been getting blue screen errors that include;1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED -- When I try to reinstall windows via Recovery option.2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -- Whenever it feels like it.3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION -- RandomlyI'd like to just wipe my hard drive which I can do,...
  3. Consolidation of Windows Accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Consolidation of Windows Accounts?: Hi all,this is something which annoys me since a long time. Somehow, I have two different Microsoft-accounts for one email-address. Every time I need to put in my passwords I have to try different combinations.I have a "School" and a "Corporate" account somehow. Why does...
  4. Windows 10 Optimize Drives -- Free space consolidation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Optimize Drives -- Free space consolidation: I know what it actually does, can i disable this process and left "defragmentation" only? Because free space consolidation cause a long time and doesn't seems to reduce possibility of file fragments from creating. I am just asking for any possible methods like registry or...
  5. Fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Windows 10: We are always encouraged to do a fresh install of Wondows 10 to avoid issues. I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and I am just at the place where it says to setup an account. I am doing the install for a friend and while I know her email address i do not know her...
  6. Fresh Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Install Windows 10: Is it really required for me to create a new standard account that lack's admin priv after installing windows? submitted by /u/ntr0v3rt_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie3h97/fresh_install_windows_10/
  7. Consolidating Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Consolidating Windows 10 Installation: Hi! I have two SSDs in my computer. Disk 0, a 256GB one, and disk 1, a 120GB one. Disk 1 was supposed to be my boot SSD, containing all of my system files, but when I installed Windows 10, it put BOOTMGR on a "system reserved" partition on disk 0, and everything else on disk...
  8. Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found

Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found: Ok so hey all I am in dire need of help recently reformatted my entire hard drive and I'm trying to clean install of Windows 10 Pro, the install runs fine but when I try to select a hard drive nothing appears and I get the little "Windows needs drivers to select or install on...
  9. fresh windows 10 install

fresh windows 10 install: hal.dll missing or corrupt windows 10 wont load I created media creation tool and booted to troubleshooting tried all the functions which ended with black screen I began windows install and after first restart it went black...
  10. Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive

Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive: I'll try to cut my story short. The Acer I bought almost two years ago comes with no-brand M.2 SSD. It broke after a while so I bough Crucial MX500 2.5 SATA, that's because at that time I didn't even look inside and thought my laptop still runs on Sata. Anyway I connected it...