Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upon upgrading my fathers computer to an SSD and installing windows 10, I'm left completely stumped by the issue windows 10 causes. upon installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harold-Carter, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.

Upon upgrading my fathers computer to an SSD and installing windows 10, I'm left completely stumped by the issue windows 10 causes.

upon installation windows is 100% functional, i can install drivers and stress the computers hardware not a hardware fault; then upon X variable number of reboots, windows appears to flicker on boot before login screen; once logged in the computer will continue to flicker and crash explorer & task manager till it trips some error catch, then proceed to log out and reset the issue in a loop till halting on a black screen.

safe mode works without issue, however, bcdedit cannot appear to force the computer to boot to safe mode weirdly, i have to forcefully power cycle the computer till advance options are available trigger for advance options doesn't respond.

Specifications of the computer in question:

• CPU : FX6300
    • RAM: 16gb 1600mhz ddr3
    • GPU: GTX 670 2GB
    • STR: 256gb SSD + 500gb HDD

solutions I've tried so far:

• start up repair + clean boot.
    • DDU driver removal + fresh install of certified working drivers for the NVIDIA card worked for a short while.
    • Windows update service disabled + registry edit to stop Windows service medic from repairing windows update service.
    • Switching to an RX590 AMD graphics card to devoid any possibility of graphics card error/incompatibility.

Solutions im going try next:

• disconnecting the HDD so old windows 7 apps can't meddle with the windows 10 install.
    • get a different version of window 10 instillation media .
    • switch out the SSD just in case this is some strange hardware fault on this SDDhighly doubt
    • switch to Linux because its a better operating system, which actually allows you to control what it does.

I'm fairly certain this is a driver issue of some kind, due to the nature of fault, however, I'm completely stumped how to resolve this because its so illogical, i have a feeling this is some kind of automatic update for a device which i cannot stop. I haven't found any guides which make sense or target my issue in particular; if you have any idea on this, it'd be a great help.

many thanks, Harry.

:)

Harold-Carter, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.

1. Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash. - Similar Threads - Fresh install fails

2. Trying to install a fresh install of windows 10, but the installation keeps rebooting and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install a fresh install of windows 10, but the installation keeps rebooting and...: I've tried installing on my own computer first, which only got blue screen after blue screen, and errors on end. I couldn't install on that computer so i tried putting the drive in another computer, which seemed to work better until in the "Installing features" phase, the...
  3. Trying to install a fresh install of windows 10, but the installation keeps rebooting and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install a fresh install of windows 10, but the installation keeps rebooting and...: I've tried installing on my own computer first, which only got blue screen after blue screen, and errors on end. I couldn't install on that computer so i tried putting the drive in another computer, which seemed to work better until in the "Installing features" phase, the...
  4. Taskbar flickering Windows 10 even after fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar flickering Windows 10 even after fresh install: Hi everyone I've had this problem now for a year on my laptop (HP laptop) where the taskbar flickers after like 8 plus hours working on my laptop and also the search result don't appear any more like just a blank gray window a did a fresh install of windows and updated all...
  5. Windows 10 fresh Install Freezing on Second Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 fresh Install Freezing on Second Reboot: I am completely at a loss on this issue and any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a new build and every time I try to install Windows 10 from USB it freezes after the second reboot (after getting ready). The spinning dots stop I have left it overnight to no avail...
  6. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  7. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...
  8. Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots: Users on various forums are reporting issues when trying to install the August 2019 cumulative updates for Windows 10. These updates were released on August 13 for Windows 10 version 1903, version 1809 and other supported versions with multiple bug fixes. Some Windows 10...
  9. Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot

Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot: I have a 2018 iMac and I am installing a fresh copy of Win10 Home 64 bit after the most recent update made the system crash after every reboot. After successfully reinstalling this on a fresh partition now it crashes on every reboot / reinstall whether i install any updates...
  10. Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot: In the last 2 weeks I have had to fully reinstall Windows 10 x 5 times after failures that seem linked to the latest Windows update. The PC is telling me updates are installed, and should update and restart. When I do, the laptop fails to restart Windows; the siwlring...