Windows 10: Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable

Discus and support Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i bought a sony vaio laptop in 2012 vpceh38fn with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a 4 gb ram n 500 gb hdd,i replaced 500 gb hdd with samsung ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kylerz, Oct 4, 2018.

1. kylerz Win User

Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable

i bought a sony vaio laptop in 2012 vpceh38fn with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a 4 gb ram n 500 gb hdd,i replaced 500 gb hdd with samsung ssd 250 gb in 2014 and reinstalled windows 7 in it with ease and later i upgraded to windows 10 within three months i believe,but now due to high load windows 10 updates and conflict between nvidia drivers and intel chip,my ssd has died out with no option to recover files after 4.5 years,i am planning an upgrade of two 4gb ram and 500 gb ssd and with a brand new battery,my question is i dont have any windows backup with me,i cant access old samsung 250 gb ssd,error with old ssd is is bluescreen with windows stop code with error page fault in nonpaged area with nvidia drivers at fault n no access to bios,how do i reinstall windows 10 into my new ssd?

:)

kylerz, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable

1. Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable - Similar Threads - Fresh install Samsung

2. Install windows on fresh empty ssd forgot previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows on fresh empty ssd forgot previous version of windows: Hi i want to install a fresh window on my laptop with a brand new empty ssd without old hdd and also i have forgotten which windows 10 version my old hdd was...
  3. Install windows on fresh empty ssd forgot previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows on fresh empty ssd forgot previous version of windows: Hi i want to install a fresh window on my laptop with a brand new empty ssd without old hdd and also i have forgotten which windows 10 version my old hdd was...
  4. Install windows on fresh empty ssd forgot previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue

Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue: Hello, I recently bought a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and I have wanted to install Windows on it. However, the problem persists that the installation resets after rebooting the computer. So, the installation never completes fully. I have tried using Rufus and installing the ISO onto...
  6. 4 Samsung SSD drives \ clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4 Samsung SSD drives \ clean install: I have 3 500GB Samsung Evo 860 drives. 1 Evo 860 1 TB. I wiped the 3 500s. They were used 1x to clone existing data on drives (not OS). I wiped them and deleted the partitions. With a Win 10 v1903 iso I installed to one of these. I made it through the disc process and set up....
  7. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

Fresh Windows Installation in SSD: Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D driveOther drive than OS drive if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install windows in SSD ..so...
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have the OS boot from it. How do i do a fresh install to my SSD without the disc? Is there somewhere I can download Windows 10...
  10. Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.

Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.: hello, for couple of days, breaking my head tring to figure out what im doing wrong, or what else i can do . i used to have as my C:\ drive a kingstone 120gb SSD drive . due to lack of space, i bought 250GB SSD samsung evo-850 drive. i execute fresh new windows 10 pro...