Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First the details on the PC. This was my first computer build with all new components. Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus Wifi AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU 16 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mvetting, Jul 20, 2020.

1. mvetting Win User

Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen

First the details on the PC. This was my first computer build with all new components.

Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus Wifi

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000 mhz

MSI Radeon RX5700 Mech OC GPU

Corsair RM650 PSU

Intel 665P 1TB M.2 SSD

I built this computer mainly for iRacing and did just that for about 3 weeks. Windows 10 install the first time went flawlessly and never had a crash. Back at the end of June had it freeze up loading into a race. Had to force a restart and Windows attempted a repair. I was then getting blue screen errors when trying to start it. Some of the errors were "Kernel Thread Priority Floor Violation" and "IQRL not less or equal". Considering I had very little loaded on this PC I figured a fresh Windows install would be best. I had issues with the install and found the common problem with this motherboard needing to disable WiFi during the install. After finally getting the Windows to install I could get to the point of installing the drivers where it seemed like a ticking time bomb. After a while the screen would end up going black on me. Then when I'd restart it wouldn't POST and I'd see no Windows logo. I tried using recovery USB to repair with no luck.

Frustrated I figured something might be wrong with the motherboard so I completed a RMA with Asus. They sent me a different board and I received it a few days back. I attempted to reinstall Windows 10 and the same thing would happen. Thinking it was possible memory or the SSD I bought 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 mhz and a Samsung EVO 970 Plus 500 GB. This didn't seem to change anything after going through the install process.

To troubleshoot I've tried to get into safe mode. Most of the time I still error out while attempting to go into safe mode. The one time I did get into safe mode I was able to download all the drivers. Switching to normal mode and installing them I eventually get the black screen. Most times the only way I can get into the recovery mode is with the USB media. I've tried an install with no internet connection and manually updating drivers. I was getting the error 1603 with the AMD install software when trying to run their executable for the chipset driver install. I've also tried pre installing some the drivers when completing the Windows installation. This doesn't seem to work with the AMD install software. When I was able to get into Windows during a fresh install I completed all the windows updates and restarted. I began installing the chipset drivers I downloaded with the AMD software. It will either black screen before completing or when it nears completion I get a message that the compute needs to restart and it black screens before I can do the restart. Then pressing keys such as Ctrl+Shift+Windows+B don't do anything. Only way to get out of it is to manually restart and it comes back to a black screen after the Tuf Gaming logo no Windows logo.

Another thing I've tried to do was the Display Driver Utility DDU. This didn't seem to change anything when reinstalling drivers and ended up with a black screen again. I've tried creating two different Windows USB install sticks building them with the Windows Media Creation Tool. No matter which one I used it didn't make a difference. I read through the Windows Clean Install wiki and didn't see anything that I'm not doing during my installation. It really feels like it some sort of issue with drivers or reading the Windows files. I don't have another PC to test and troubleshoot specific components one at a time. I've tried running file checks with the command prompt in diagnostic mode and nothing seems to come back faulty. Other blue screen errors I've got are "pfn list corrupt", "page fault in nonpaged area", and "kmode exception not handled". I'm new to diagnosing these types of issues and am lost at where to go next. The level of frustration has me ready to take it in to a PC repair shop but I'm afraid of some massive bill. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I'll do my best to reply as quick as it can.

:)

mvetting, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 20, 2020
  3. stoggs1 Win User
    Crysis not working windows 10

Hey guys, so last night i installed crysis after not having played it in years but when it loads it just sits at a black screen for about 10 seconds then crashes.

Im running windows 10 64 bit home premium fresh install of the game patched to the latest version, i plan on re installing the game if need be but if anyone has a suggestion i could try first i would greatly appreciate it.

stoggs1, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen

1. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Keeps

2. Windows 11 Fresh Install - Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install - Black Screen: I am attempting to install a fresh install of Windows 11 onto my PC. There is only one SSD that was bought new, with nothing on it yet. Installation progresses as expected until the process reaches the point where it asks to input your Email and Password. It allows me to...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install - Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install - Black Screen: I am attempting to install a fresh install of Windows 11 onto my PC. There is only one SSD that was bought new, with nothing on it yet. Installation progresses as expected until the process reaches the point where it asks to input your Email and Password. It allows me to...
  4. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing: My specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 2700xMOBO: Aorus B450 Pro WiFiRAM: 2x8gb TridentZ G.Skill RGB 3200 mhz working at default bios settings 2133mhzGPU: MSI GT 710STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 SSD NVMe M.2 512GBPSU: EVGA 500W 80+ BronzeOS: the latest Windows 10 Pro This a PC I used at job, It's...
  5. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing: My specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 2700xMOBO: Aorus B450 Pro WiFiRAM: 2x8gb TridentZ G.Skill RGB 3200 mhz working at default bios settings 2133mhzGPU: MSI GT 710STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 SSD NVMe M.2 512GBPSU: EVGA 500W 80+ BronzeOS: the latest Windows 10 Pro This a PC I used at job, It's...
  6. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing: I built this PC in 2015 and it has always had Windows 7 on it. Since that is becoming outdated, I am trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 I don’t currently have an activation code. I have a 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD that have been wiped clean with no data. I have a MSI...
  8. Fresh install of win10 gives black screen after self-attempting to install display adapter...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh install of win10 gives black screen after self-attempting to install display adapter...: Hello, I've attempted atleast fresh 5 installson 2 different harddrives,2 Different Graphic cards with windows 10, all of which end the same which isgetting stuck at a black screen. Farthest I have made it is the Desktop however after it attempted to install a display adapter...
  9. black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation.: So basically, I've been dealing with this issue ever since I've upgraded to windows 10 months ago. I've done disk checks sata port checks almost everything under the sun and still have not found a solution to my problem. ____ Months ago, anytime my computer was...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?: Hello, I have a family PC here with Windows 10 installed that has a BSOD issue Error code is 0xc000021a No matter what i have tried to bring it back to life has failed *Sad System Restore, Reset, Refresh, SFC/ ScanNow etc etc This version of Windows was a Free upgrade...