Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Community, I'm currently in the process of finalizing my Windows 10 install by configuring all the little details I typically do,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NOX020189, Jul 31, 2015.

1. NOX020189 Win User

Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured

Hello Windows 10 Community,

I'm currently in the process of finalizing my Windows 10 install by configuring all the little details I typically do, but for some reason I cannot get my computer to sleep after the specified time in the Control Panel. On Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 I was able to successfully get my computer to sleep after making entries in the REQUESTSOVERRIDE of the POWERCFG Windows utility, and when doing the same thing in Windows 10 it still refuses to sleep. I have posted some details below to assist in the troubleshooting, and if any other details are needed please let me know and I would be happy to provide them.

Thank you all in advance for your insight, and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

To get to the command prompt I right-click on the Windows Start Button and select the "Command Prompt (Admin)" menu-item.

Code: > POWERCFG /REQUESTS DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM) (PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00411102&REV_04\4&10c350e0&0&00E0) An audio stream is currently in use. [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18498892&REV_1003\4&1eabb83b&0&0001) An audio stream is currently in use. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: None. PERFBOOST: None. > POWERCFG /REQUESTSOVERRIDE [SERVICE] [PROCESS] [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio SYSTEM Creative X-Fi Audio Processor SYSTEM[/quote]
    ::EDIT::
    While continuing to troubleshoot this issue after posting this thread I ran an Energy Report using the POWERCFG utility. When reviewing the Energy Report I found that I was inputting the incorrect Driver Device Name for my Creative X-Fi Audio Processor by leaving off the " (WDM)". If you are running into the same issue as I was use the command below to run an Energy Report and look for the Requesting Driver Device to enter into the REQUESTSOVERRIDE.

Code: POWERCFG /ENERGY /OUTPUT %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Energy_Report.html[/quote]

:)

NOX020189, Jul 31, 2015

2. HIBERNATION windows 10

What I have tried:

1. I have tried enabling it from the "Power Option" but no check box is present under "Shutdown Settings" area.

2. I have applied the command "powercfg /h on" in command prompt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note:

Previously the check box was available in win-10. But after a fresh windows installation, the check box seemed to have disappeared.

Also, previous windows was a 32bit but current is 64bit.

Also, the sleep option was also absent but windows installed some WDM driver and as a result sleep came back.

Arsalan-Tahir, Jul 31, 2015
  3. HIBERNATION windows 10

What I have tried:

1. I have tried enabling it from the "Power Option" but no check box is present under "Shutdown Settings" area.

2. I have applied the command "powercfg /h on" in command prompt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note:

Previously the check box was available in win-10. But after a fresh windows installation, the check box seemed to have disappeared.

Also, previous windows was a 32bit but current is 64bit.

Also, the sleep option was also absent but windows update installed some WDM driver and as a result sleep came back.

Arsalan-Tahir, Jul 31, 2015
  4. diman82 Win User

::EDIT::
    While continuing to troubleshoot this issue after posting this thread I ran an Energy Report using the POWERCFG utility. When reviewing the Energy Report I found that I was inputting the incorrect Driver Device Name for my Creative X-Fi Audio Processor by leaving off the " (WDM)". If you are running into the same issue as I was use the command below to run an Energy Report and look for the Requesting Driver Device to enter into the REQUESTSOVERRIDE.

Code: POWERCFG /ENERGY /OUTPUT %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Energy_Report.html[/quote] [/quote] Whatsapp Web caused such a problem in my case!!!
    It constantly catches the audio device, thus preventing PC entering sleep mode!

diman82, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Won't

2. Games lagging w/ nee harddrive and fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games lagging w/ nee harddrive and fresh install: Hello. I recently got a new HDD and SSD as my HDD failed.I had some lag but it wasnt too bad before. Now I've installed windows 10 on the SSD and everything else goes on the HDD, but performance is slow with games and some programs. CPU stays relatively low. But my fan is...
  3. Laptop won't boot with fresh installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't boot with fresh installation of Windows 10: have an Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM and I can't get it to boot correctly from a new SSD with a fresh installation of Windows 10 for the life of me. The laptop originally came with a 1TB HDD which I still have and still works but naturally, I wanted a more responsive experience...
  4. How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a built-in Power mode control, available when you click on the […] This article How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows 10 Sleep Issue - sleeps on fresh restart, but once I start loading apps won't sleep...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep Issue - sleeps on fresh restart, but once I start loading apps won't sleep...: Hello, Another Windows 10 sleep question/issue. Originally I had Windows 10 sleep issues so I disabled 3rd party apps during startup as well as some of the services, which fixed it. When I start my computer for the first time without most 3rd party apps running my computer...
  6. Problem with Sleep Mode - Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Sleep Mode - Fresh Install: I just did a Clean Install on an Asus K53SD laptop. Version 2004 Home Edition from USB. Install went smoothly. One problem so far: Going into Sleep from the Power button on the Start Menu, the laptop screen goes black, but the power light stays on and the fan continues to...
  7. Problem with Sleep Mode - Fresh Install

Problem with Sleep Mode - Fresh Install: I just did a Clean Install on an Asus K53SD laptop. Version 2004 Home Edition from USB. Install went smoothly. One problem so far: Going into Sleep from the Power button on the Start Menu, the laptop screen goes black, but the power light stays on and the fan continues to...
  8. Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed Won't run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed Won't run: Hello, I'm trying to figure out what is waking my computer up from sleep as it won't stay in sleep mode for more than 5 minutes at the moment which is incredibly frustrating. When I try to run "Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" the prompt screen will open up for half a...
  9. Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home

Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home: Hello, Just got a new Lenovo laptop with Win-10 Home to replace my older Win-7Pro laptop. This laptop has a whole bunch of junk software that Lenovo has installed. I was wondering what the best way is: - backup the system so in case I need to, I can reset to...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...