Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Community, I'm currently in the process of finalizing my Windows 10 install by configuring all the little details I typically do,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NOX020189, Jul 31, 2015.

1. NOX020189 Win User

Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured

Hello Windows 10 Community,

I'm currently in the process of finalizing my Windows 10 install by configuring all the little details I typically do, but for some reason I cannot get my computer to sleep after the specified time in the Control Panel. On Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 I was able to successfully get my computer to sleep after making entries in the REQUESTSOVERRIDE of the POWERCFG Windows utility, and when doing the same thing in Windows 10 it still refuses to sleep. I have posted some details below to assist in the troubleshooting, and if any other details are needed please let me know and I would be happy to provide them.

Thank you all in advance for your insight, and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

To get to the command prompt I right-click on the Windows Start Button and select the "Command Prompt (Admin)" menu-item.

Code: > POWERCFG /REQUESTS DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM) (PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00411102&REV_04\4&10c350e0&0&00E0) An audio stream is currently in use. [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18498892&REV_1003\4&1eabb83b&0&0001) An audio stream is currently in use. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: None. PERFBOOST: None. > POWERCFG /REQUESTSOVERRIDE [SERVICE] [PROCESS] [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio SYSTEM Creative X-Fi Audio Processor SYSTEM[/quote]
    ::EDIT::
    While continuing to troubleshoot this issue after posting this thread I ran an Energy Report using the POWERCFG utility. When reviewing the Energy Report I found that I was inputting the incorrect Driver Device Name for my Creative X-Fi Audio Processor by leaving off the " (WDM)". If you are running into the same issue as I was use the command below to run an Energy Report and look for the Requesting Driver Device to enter into the REQUESTSOVERRIDE.

Code: POWERCFG /ENERGY /OUTPUT %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Energy_Report.html[/quote]

:)

NOX020189, Jul 31, 2015

2. HIBERNATION windows 10

What I have tried:

1. I have tried enabling it from the "Power Option" but no check box is present under "Shutdown Settings" area.

2. I have applied the command "powercfg /h on" in command prompt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note:

Previously the check box was available in win-10. But after a fresh windows installation, the check box seemed to have disappeared.

Also, previous windows was a 32bit but current is 64bit.

Also, the sleep option was also absent but windows installed some WDM driver and as a result sleep came back.

Arsalan-Tahir, Jul 31, 2015
  3. HIBERNATION windows 10

What I have tried:

1. I have tried enabling it from the "Power Option" but no check box is present under "Shutdown Settings" area.

2. I have applied the command "powercfg /h on" in command prompt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note:

Previously the check box was available in win-10. But after a fresh windows installation, the check box seemed to have disappeared.

Also, previous windows was a 32bit but current is 64bit.

Also, the sleep option was also absent but windows update installed some WDM driver and as a result sleep came back.

Arsalan-Tahir, Jul 31, 2015
  4. diman82 Win User

::EDIT::
    While continuing to troubleshoot this issue after posting this thread I ran an Energy Report using the POWERCFG utility. When reviewing the Energy Report I found that I was inputting the incorrect Driver Device Name for my Creative X-Fi Audio Processor by leaving off the " (WDM)". If you are running into the same issue as I was use the command below to run an Energy Report and look for the Requesting Driver Device to enter into the REQUESTSOVERRIDE.

Code: POWERCFG /ENERGY /OUTPUT %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Energy_Report.html[/quote] [/quote] Whatsapp Web caused such a problem in my case!!!
    It constantly catches the audio device, thus preventing PC entering sleep mode!

diman82, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows 10 Install Won't Sleep w/ PowerCFG Configured - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Won't

2. Windows 10 Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Fresh Install: Hi, I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10 after some program I downloaded messed up the file system. I'm just wondering what I should do after installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. What tweaks do you recommend to stop all of the spying? If you have any other tools,...
  3. Fresh Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh Windows 10 installation: I do have a query. Do I have to delete all three partitions on my PC when I install Windows 10 or I can just format the partition where Windows 8.1 is currently installed? It is a fresh Windows 10 installation and I’d like to install Windows 10 over the Windows 8.1. Please...
  4. Windows 10 fresh install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fresh install.: Hi, I am cleaning my parents PC and need to wipe out their hard drive and re install Windows. They have the original Windows 7 software and upgraded to Windows 10 through the free upgrade period. Is there anyway to be able to upgrade again for free after installing Windows 7?...
  5. Windows 10 won't sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't sleep: So, I've been having this issue for at least a year. I posted to this forum a long time ago and spent ages going through steps. People were really helpful but sadly nothing we did ever resolved the issue. Instead, I resigned myself to the idea that I would always have to...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Won't Sleep: Hey, I know this has been covered in other threads. Sorry to post again but nothing I have found anywhere seems to resolve this issue. I’ve been running windows 10 for a little while now and thus far have had little to no issues. Recently, last week or so, the...
  7. Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home: Hello, Just got a new Lenovo laptop with Win-10 Home to replace my older Win-7Pro laptop. This laptop has a whole bunch of junk software that Lenovo has installed. I was wondering what the best way is: - backup the system so in case I need to, I can reset to...
  8. Windows 10 fresh install?

Windows 10 fresh install?: Hello. Is there a way to install fresh windows 10 without .ISO, usb and dvd? I updated my windows 7 to windows 10, but now I want fresh install, is it possible to do it? Like just to start setup.exe and install it ... I've seen some yt video here: [MEDIA] so I was wondering...
  9. Windows 10 Fresh Installs

Windows 10 Fresh Installs: Hoping that someone has worked this out. I manage over 100 laptops. We use W10 Home on the laptops because the laptops are not on the domain at HQ. When I have an out of warranty HDD failure, I want to swap the old HDD with an SSD and perform a fresh install of W10 on the...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...