Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement?

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It is said that if you reset your PC or re-install Windows 10, then its performance may improve. If you were to re-install it, and then restore a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OYRC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. OYRC Win User

Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement?

It is said that if you reset your PC or re-install Windows 10, then its performance may improve. If you were to re-install it, and then restore a system image of the PC made prior to the re-installation, is there still any performance improvement? If not, then what is the difference between this case and that of a person who re-installs Windows 10, then re-installs all their applications again and puts their files back onto the PC from backup copies? What is it that has actually changed then, in this latter case, for the performance of the system to improve?

Also, does this performance improvement also occur if you choose the option to reset your PC but keep your files?

:)

OYRC, Jan 1, 2019
  2. oldcelt Win User

Restore disk image to a fresh Windows 10 installation

What I'd like to do is:-

1. Make a system image backup to an external HDD.
    2. Re-format drive C
    3. Re-install Windows 10 from scratch
    4. Restore all my apps and files (not many files as I keep almost all data on a separate partition.

Am I expecting the impossible and would the restore try to put the O/S exactly where it was before? The previous installation seems to reside in an unusual partition which I discovered when I tried to rescue windows 10 installation without loosing data and apps. This is the installation screen where I wanted to choose:-

Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement? [​IMG]

As one can see, it tells me the current version of Windows is in an unsupported directory - not of my choosing when installed!
    This is my disk partition table for C:-

Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement? [​IMG]

I'd be extremely grateful for advice on this please?

oldcelt, Jan 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement?

Delta6326, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows 10 installation, then restore from system image: performance improvement? - Similar Threads - Fresh installation restore

2. System Restore from Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore from Image: After a recent MS update, my system crashed completely, so I did a clean install and am trying to restore from an image. Windows finds the image and goes through a -very- long process after which it says the restore was successful, but when it reboots, it is back to the...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 System Image

Restoring Windows 10 System Image: Is it possible to install recovery media on the same external hard drive as the system image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-windows-10-system-image/1737c692-1129-4665-ad09-81159c764e5b
  4. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  5. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  6. Perform Windows 10 System Restore

Perform Windows 10 System Restore: Perform Windows 10 system restore using Windows Recovery Environment: 1. Shut Down the PC. 2. Press and Hold the Shift key and press the Power Button. 3. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the "Choose an option" screen opens. 4....
  7. Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file...

Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file...: Just re-installed windows 10 after upgrading to a raid 0 m.2 set up with dual Evo 960 1TB SSDs. After troubleshooting all the issues of actually getting windows to recognize the raid, and also HAVING BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS THE BACKUP IMAGE BEFORE WHILE REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 -...
  8. Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10: How to: Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10 When you System Restore. These will appear alongside the other restore points as 'type Backup' when you tick the box for 'Show more restore points' in System Restore. [img] Unlike...
  9. Restore disk image to a fresh Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore disk image to a fresh Windows 10 installation: What I'd like to do is:- Make a system image backup to an external HDD. Re-format drive C Re-install Windows 10 from scratch Restore all my apps and files (not many files as I keep almost all data on a separate partition. Am I expecting the impossible and would the...
  10. Improve website performance by optimizing images

in Windows 10 News
    Improve website performance by optimizing images: We all want our web applications to load as fast as possible to give the best possible experience to the users. One of the steps to achieve that is to make sure the images we use are as optimized as possible. If we can reduce the file size of the images then we can...