Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 is slow

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 is slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I used the W10 creation tool to reload a fresh installation of Windows 10 home. Everything went well. I did an update and installed Chrome. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lenberman, Oct 26, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

Fresh Windows 10 is slow

I used the W10 creation tool to reload a fresh installation of Windows 10 home. Everything went well. I did an update and installed Chrome. The computer is running slow, at times typing letters can show a short delay before appearing on screen. I see the spinning blue circle more than I should on fresh windows. This is the second time I reloaded Windows in the past day. It was slow after the first install, so I tried it again. Checkdsk said the drive was good.
    Len

:)

lenberman, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Fresh Windows 10 is slow

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10 is slow

1. Fresh Windows 10 is slow - Similar Threads - Fresh slow

2. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  3. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  4. My PC is obsurdly slow even after a fresh windows install. even the bios settings are slow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is obsurdly slow even after a fresh windows install. even the bios settings are slow...: Hey, for a bit of background, I've got an ROG strix scar G733QM with an rtx 3060 and ryzen 9 5900HX if if matters. I've had it for about 2 years and its now out of warranty. about a month or two ago it suddenly began acting unbearably slow. I took it to the place where i...
  5. My PC is obsurdly slow even after a fresh windows install. even the bios settings are slow...

My PC is obsurdly slow even after a fresh windows install. even the bios settings are slow...: Hey, for a bit of background, I've got an ROG strix scar G733QM with an rtx 3060 and ryzen 9 5900HX if if matters. I've had it for about 2 years and its now out of warranty. about a month or two ago it suddenly began acting unbearably slow. I took it to the place where i...
  6. Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.: Hi!My friend and I built a new computer, and the computer is really bad at functioning. It permanently crashes, it is EXTREMELY slow; any application, any website, even searching the computer's files is slow or doesn't work. Attempting to open System Information results in it...
  7. Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.

Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.: Hi!My friend and I built a new computer, and the computer is really bad at functioning. It permanently crashes, it is EXTREMELY slow; any application, any website, even searching the computer's files is slow or doesn't work. Attempting to open System Information results in it...
  8. Installing fresh copy of windows 10 - it slows down after signing into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing fresh copy of windows 10 - it slows down after signing into my microsoft account: Any idea what gives? I guess I just shouldn't use any microsoft apps at all, when I sign in (to edge) my PC slows down by a good 30-40%, starts having random things not quite working right in unrelated apps and with the file system. Signing out didn't fix it so I guess I'm...
  9. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  10. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. just did a fresh install of win10 and now my network is slow