Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it.

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any ideas? If I click open with, it shows the default is JavaTM Platform SE Binary...but nothing happens when I try. I tried reinstalling java, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sociopath-C137, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it.

Any ideas? If I click open with, it shows the default is JavaTM Platform SE Binary...but nothing happens when I try. I tried reinstalling java, but still nothing.

Why is there no Windows topic for programs..

:)

Sociopath-C137, Apr 3, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Executable Jar files

Try running
    JarFix
    a small free utility that does not need installing - just double click the exe, it generally fixes any issues running jar files in Windows 10

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Apr 3, 2020
  4. harrymc Win User

Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it.

Jar file opens with internet explorer

Your .jar file-association has probably been hijacked, perhaps by Internet Explorer.

You can fix the problem with:

• Download and run the free
      Jarfix, or
    • Uninstalling an then re-installing Java Runtime, or
    • In Windows Explorer, right-click on the .jar file, select Open with
      and click on Choose another app. Navigate to and select javaw.exe.
      You would need to ensure a -jar parameter is added.

It would be better to add the JRE executable folder to the PATH environment variable,
    although not absolutely required.

harrymc, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it.

1. Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it. - Similar Threads - Fresh reinstall Can't

2. I can't execute .jar files at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't execute .jar files at all: good afternoon everyone, I can't open .jar files on my windows 11 laptop.I've tried most of the fixes that pop up online:-reinstalling Java;-opening as administrator with the JavaTM Platform SE Binary;-I have my system up to date;-I tried changing variables on the system...
  3. I can't execute .jar files at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't execute .jar files at all: good afternoon everyone, I can't open .jar files on my windows 11 laptop.I've tried most of the fixes that pop up online:-reinstalling Java;-opening as administrator with the JavaTM Platform SE Binary;-I have my system up to date;-I tried changing variables on the system...
  4. Can't execute .jar file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't execute .jar file: So right now im trying to open a jar file but ive had no success. Ive seen videos for help but noticed that most computers say "executable jar file" instead of my "jar file". Can someone help with how to change it to executable?...
  5. I Can't Open Jar files

I Can't Open Jar files: Hey, I can't open Jar files or more exactly Optifine files, instead of running the install Optifine launcher it opens Jar files with internet explorer of all thing, I have tried to reset default apps, but I still can't get it to work, I want to be able to open Jar files in...
  6. Windows Folder > Executable Jar File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Folder > Executable Jar File: I was editing some code in a Minecraft mod that ran as a JAR file. To edit the files inside I needed to extract the files, making the mod a windows folder. Now I can't figure out how to 're-compile' the folder into a JAR to run it. I used BreeZip to extract. submitted by...
  7. I can't open jar files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open jar files: I wanted to install forge to get mods in minecraft but the jar files won't launch. I tried using cmd, creating a bat file and using jarfix. Nothing worked. All it does is create a new text document which says: JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_271 - 25.271-b09...
  8. I can't open jar files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jar files: I wanted to install forge to get mods in minecraft but the jar files won't launch. I tried using cmd, creating a bat file and using jarfix. Nothing worked. All it does is create a new text document which says: JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_271 - 25.271-b09...
  9. .jar File is not executed?

.jar File is not executed?: Good day! I was about to run a .jar file using the Windows command prompt (cmd for short. The program is supposed to be a console program. You will find the mistake in the picture. [ATTACH] MfG Tomic .jar File wird nicht ausgeführt?
  10. Been Struggling To Get Executable Jar's To Open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Been Struggling To Get Executable Jar's To Open.: I'm on a computer that had some messed up java settings from a past user. Can't open executable jar's by double clicking. Tried so much shit so long ago that i've forgot what I did. I gave up. Now as the months passed by I really need to use this laptop for a running a bot...