Windows 10: Fresh windows install on a dual drive laptop

Discus and support Fresh windows install on a dual drive laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! I own a Lenovo IdeaPad S340. It only had a HDD before I decided to install an SSD to it. I have installed a WD Green M.2 SSD and now I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harshit26, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Harshit26 Win User

Fresh windows install on a dual drive laptop

Hey! I own a Lenovo IdeaPad S340. It only had a HDD before I decided to install an SSD to it. I have installed a WD Green M.2 SSD and now I want to boot windows from the SSD. I have about 80 gb of data on my HDD. I will be keeping the HDD in the pc for storage. I own genuine windows 10 along an office subscription. Kindly help.
    I would love a step by step guide.

:)

Harshit26, Aug 5, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2020
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Fresh windows install on a dual drive laptop - Similar Threads - Fresh install dual

2. Dual Boot Windows System on Two SSDs Installed in a Dual Drive 17" Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Windows System on Two SSDs Installed in a Dual Drive 17" Laptop: I have two separate Windows installations on two separate SSDs, but only a single 17" laptop. Initially, I was thinking I would keep opening up the laptop and switching between the two SSDs. Then it occurred to me that it was a lot less work and less risk of accidentally...
  3. Dual Boot Windows System on Two SSDs Installed in a Dual Drive 17" Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Windows System on Two SSDs Installed in a Dual Drive 17" Laptop: I have two separate Windows installations on two separate SSDs, but only a single 17" laptop. Initially, I was thinking I would keep opening up the laptop and switching between the two SSDs. Then it occurred to me that it was a lot less work and less risk of accidentally...
  4. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  5. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  6. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows fresh Install with the same Programs and Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows fresh Install with the same Programs and Drives: Hello guys I will be getting a new SSD and i want to do a clean Windows Install on it. But I want to save all my Program Files and Windows Settings and drives. Can you recommend me a way, or a Program to back up everything on my secondary Hardrive. Thank you! submitted by...
  8. Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives: Hello, I’m having some trouble trying to figure out a sequence of events or if this is even possible. The situation: It is becoming apparent that I’m in need of a fresh Windows 10 install, I migrated my install over to an Intel based cpu/motherboard from my previous Ryzen...
  9. Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage: Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 on my new hard drive and I've noticed that my installation with all the programs and drivers I need will have 22.3 GB on disk. Anyways, when I look on Drive C: from System Properties I see the used space on my drive is 37 GB of data....
  10. Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive: I'll try to cut my story short. The Acer I bought almost two years ago comes with no-brand M.2 SSD. It broke after a while so I bough Crucial MX500 2.5 SATA, that's because at that time I didn't even look inside and thought my laptop still runs on Sata. Anyway I connected it...