Windows 10: Fresh Windows Install on an HP Z820 that had no OS : hung on activate windows page : Windows 10

Discus and support Fresh Windows Install on an HP Z820 that had no OS : hung on activate windows page : Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Howdy all, well relatively technically able, my hope with computers is that I turn them on and they work. I recently purchased an HP Z820 as I needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbofo, Jan 4, 2019.

1. jimbofo Win User

Fresh Windows Install on an HP Z820 that had no OS : hung on activate windows page : Windows 10

Howdy all, well relatively technically able, my hope with computers is that I turn them on and they work. I recently purchased an HP Z820 as I needed the horsepower for larger data sets and architectural modeling work, the Z820 has the following specs:

HP Z820 Workstation 16 Core (x2) Intel Xeon E5-2687W 32GB 600GB HDD Quadro 5000

There was no OS, so I created an install / boot USB with the media creation app. It will boot from the USB but then hangs on the Activate WIndows Page, where you either enter a product key or choose 'I don't have a product key'. I don't have a product key, wanted to install and then get one. The keyboard and mouse appear to work via USB, I have plugged it into the network via ethernet cable/CAT 5 . That's about it.. not sure where to go from here .

Any guidance/assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jim

:)

jimbofo, Jan 4, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 4, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Fresh Windows Install on an HP Z820 that had no OS : hung on activate windows page : Windows 10

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows Install on an HP Z820 that had no OS : hung on activate windows page : Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Z820

2. Had Windows 11 before, not letting me install fresh os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had Windows 11 before, not letting me install fresh os: I have a pc that has had windows 11 home edition on it before, upgraded from windows 10, but I'm trying to install a fresh os of windows 11 on it from a flash drive and it is saying it is incompatible and doesn't meet system requirements to run.Specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7...
  3. Had Windows 11 before, not letting me install fresh os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had Windows 11 before, not letting me install fresh os: I have a pc that has had windows 11 home edition on it before, upgraded from windows 10, but I'm trying to install a fresh os of windows 11 on it from a flash drive and it is saying it is incompatible and doesn't meet system requirements to run.Specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7...
  4. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  5. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  6. Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop: Trying to install windows 10 onto blank m.2 ssd in hp laptop. I have removed the original hdd for the install and it has been formated. The bios is the insydeh20 bios so the settings are not the same as other bios systems and does not have as much adjustability. I am getting...
  7. New install of W10 Pro on a rebuilt HP Z820

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New install of W10 Pro on a rebuilt HP Z820: I recently bricked my MOBO and got and new one - in the process of rebuilding my computer and putting it up for sale. What is the best way to go about installing Windows 10 Pro 64bit? There are so many versions prices of OEM versions out there. Do I need to repurchase? I have...
  8. Windows activation on fresh install

Windows activation on fresh install: I recently upgraded almost all the hardware in my pc including my motherboard. My new motherboard did not recognize my ssd with windows installed as a bootable device so after some troubleshooting I decided to freshly install windows on said ssd. I have a windows 10 pro...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?: Hello, I have a family PC here with Windows 10 installed that has a BSOD issue Error code is 0xc000021a No matter what i have tried to bring it back to life has failed *Sad System Restore, Reset, Refresh, SFC/ ScanNow etc etc This version of Windows was a Free upgrade...
  10. Windows 10 install seems hung on install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install seems hung on install: I just installed Windows 10 on my 64 bit system and seem to have a hang--.the screen is flickering on and off with the background up, Cortana and task bar up but no icons. The spinning circle is on and I cannot click the task bar successfully. Has been going on for 8 hours...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fresh windows hp z820