Windows 10: Fresh Windows Install on SSD, while formatting HDD

Discus and support Fresh Windows Install on SSD, while formatting HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to upgrade my laptop with an SSD, and I would like to make a new-fresh install of Windows in there, while deleting everything from my HDD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JSansoP, Jun 9, 2019.

1. JSansoP Win User

Fresh Windows Install on SSD, while formatting HDD

I am going to upgrade my laptop with an SSD, and I would like to make a new-fresh install of Windows in there, while deleting everything from my HDD, which I am going to use to store data. So, I've been reading on the internet, and what I want to do seems pretty dificult, as most people can't format the HDD after installing Windows on the SSD. What's the best way of making a clean install on the SSD while deleting everything on the HDD?

Thanks in advance.

PD: I'll do the install in like a month, I made this post so I would have everything clear at the moment of the installation.

:)

JSansoP, Jun 9, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installation on new HDD/SSD

Hi,

I currently own a Windows 7 licence and reserved a free copy of Windows 10. That being said, I recently purchased a new SSD on which I would like to install Windows 10 and then format my HDD currently "hosting" Windows 7 therefore the boot up speed will
    be increased along with other benefices.

What I want to know is if I will be given an .iso file of which I can mount and install directly on my SSD or will I need to install it on my HDD with Windows 7 and then move it to my SSD ? This bothers me because I want a clean fresh start for my OS and
    therefore would like to install it on it right away instead of transferring the files from on HDD to the SSD.

Thanks,

Marc-Olivier

Marc-OlivierTrottier, Jun 9, 2019
  4. AntsKoel Win User

Win10 fresh install problem to SSD (no problem with older HDD)

As I wrote already, I was able to make a fresh install on the original HDD that was factory-installed in the HP desktop.

I installed the SSD as second disk.

I deleted all the partitions from the SSD that appeared during the unsuccessful win10 installations.

I installed free disk cloning software (google and you find several ones) and cloned the HDD to SDD.

After removing the HDD my PC is running win10 from the SDD, case closed.

AntsKoel, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows Install on SSD, while formatting HDD - Similar Threads - Fresh Install SSD

2. How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?: I accidentally formatted my laptop hard drive while trying to upgrade w10 to w11. Instead of "reinstalling" clicked the "new install" button and formatted the HDD. Now the lap is not booting, showing "Boot device Not Found Please Install An Operating System On Your Hard...
  3. How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?: I accidentally formatted my laptop hard drive while trying to upgrade w10 to w11. Instead of "reinstalling" clicked the "new install" button and formatted the HDD. Now the lap is not booting, showing "Boot device Not Found Please Install An Operating System On Your Hard...
  4. How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fresh install on new hdd.

Fresh install on new hdd.: power went down on my old laptop with new hdd while in middle of windows10 install, tried to start install after sorting out power supply but it gets to second window and get message about restart and system exception not handled. What can i do to rectify the problem?...
  6. Can you clean install on ssd and format hdd at once?

Can you clean install on ssd and format hdd at once?: Hi! I want to do a clean install of windows 10 on my ssd. Id like to format my hdd at the same time. I find a lot of information on how to avoid that but little on how to actually do it. When you chose the custom installation and you get to the part where you delete all...
  7. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

Fresh Windows Installation in SSD: Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D driveOther drive than OS drive if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install windows in SSD ..so...
  8. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  9. Complete format and fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete format and fresh install: Hi everyone: I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10. Quick question: Is this the best/only way to do a complete fresh install? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh I...
  10. Cloning HDD to SSD-HDD is 512 format & SSD is 4096 format. Matter?

Cloning HDD to SSD-HDD is 512 format & SSD is 4096 format. Matter?: If so, what are my options? This HDD came from HP w/Win 7. I upgraded it to Win 10 but would like to clone it to the SSD for the speed increase. Thanks in advance, jeff 40208

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reformat second disk drive during Windows 10 Clean install