Windows 10: fresh windows sfc errors

Discus and support fresh windows sfc errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok so I installed win 10 1803 then I performed in place upgrade of 1809 now fresh windows has sfc errors this error always occurs I have noticed every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tushar_gamer, Aug 28, 2019.

1. fresh windows sfc errors

ok so I installed win 10 1803 then I performed in place upgrade of 1809 now fresh windows has sfc errors this error always occurs I have noticed every time what should I do

:)

tushar_gamer, Aug 28, 2019

2. SFC Error

Hello,

Recently my PC has rebooted randomly, and then it couldn't find boot device, so I reseated my SATA and power cables going to the HDD. It seemed fine, but SFC found corrupt files. I can't fix this error.

Tried:
    • sfc /scannow
    Result: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Result: The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Result: The source files could not be found.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source
    ​Result: Error: 0x800f081f
    I also attached a DISM log.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peterson311, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Aug 28, 2019
  4. ebaum84 Win User

fresh windows sfc errors

SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation

Hello,

SFC and DISM were failing after I installed Windows 10, so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. SFC and DISM are still failing. With DISM, I keep getting source errors. Please help, as these errors are making Windows act quirky.

Thank you!

fresh windows sfc errors [​IMG]

fresh windows sfc errors [​IMG]

ebaum84, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

fresh windows sfc errors

1. fresh windows sfc errors - Similar Threads - fresh sfc errors

2. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  3. sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates: Sfc /scannow have indicated that there are errors and they are successfully corrected after fresh installation of Windows 10. Yesterday I've done newest Windows updates and this tool indicated errors again. What is the cause? This is my...
  4. sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates: Sfc /scannow have indicated that there are errors and they are successfully corrected after fresh installation of Windows 10. Yesterday I've done newest Windows updates and this tool indicated errors again. What is the cause? This is my...
  5. sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. SFC errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC errors: I have done a /RestoreHealth using admin command prompt*BiggrinISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:f:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess. Install.wim downloaded from Win10_1511_English_x32.iso. It said it was completed succesfully, but sfc /scannow...
  7. SFC Error

SFC Error: Hello, Recently my PC has rebooted randomly, and then it couldn't find boot device, so I reseated my SATA and power cables going to the HDD. It seemed fine, but SFC found corrupt files. I can't fix this error. Tried: sfc /scannow Result: Windows Resource Protection...
  8. SFC /scannow - errors

SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  9. SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation

SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation: Hello, SFC and DISM were failing after I installed Windows 10, so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. SFC and DISM are still failing. With DISM, I keep getting source errors. Please help, as these errors are making Windows act quirky. Thank you!...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898