Windows 10: Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

Discus and support Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So it's been quite a frustrating day for me, my computer suddenly became too slow to respond to shutdown or restart from windows and takes 5 to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nofilmschoolneeded, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

Hi,

So it's been quite a frustrating day for me, my computer suddenly became too slow to respond to shutdown or restart from windows and takes 5 to 10 mins to boot. And even after a fresh windows 10 install, it's still the same, I keep staring at the windows 10 boot animation for what seems like forever, then it boots up. It's weird. Also during the installation of windows, my computer was also very unusually slow to read the flashdrive of window's installation. Which lets me asks the question, this a hardware thing? IDK and it doesn't seem like it cuz the diagnostics passed fine. My hardware is quite fine I run a laptop with an i7, 16 of ram and an SSD.

TL;DR: My laptop used to boot in 6 seconds now takes 10 minutes to get past window's boot animation.

It's my only computer of work and I appreciate every single one who contributes to sharing his tech wisdom and hopefully a fix to the issue. Thank you sicerely

submitted by /u/nofilmschoolneeded
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nofilmschoolneeded, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 8, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot. :mad:

scevism, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

Delta6326, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

1. Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot. - Similar Threads - Fresh takes minutes

2. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  3. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Windows 10 taking almost 10 minutes to boot (with SSD)

Windows 10 taking almost 10 minutes to boot (with SSD): Hello Everyone! My Windows 10 Home (version: 21H1 19043.1110) used to boot from SSD within 30 seconds. Now it takes almost 10 minutes just to get to the login screen. Already tried the following fix with no success: - chkdsk - sfc /scannow - dism /online /cleanup-image...
  6. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  7. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish probably a month or so whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  8. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish (probably a month or so) whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  9. Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k09xpo/windows_10_takes_2_minutes_to_boot_on_this_screen/
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...