Windows 10: Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open

Discus and support Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just downloaded an app and after installing, it seems to run fine, but it is not opening up a windows in order to actually do something with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sebilation, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open

I just downloaded an app and after installing, it seems to run fine, but it is not opening up a windows in order to actually do something with the software. I know people do mess around in the registry in order to fix this. is there anything else that could be wrong? All other apps that I have on the pc work fine...

submitted by /u/sebilation
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sebilation, Oct 17, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open

1. Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open - Similar Threads - Freshly downloaded app

2. Why Microsoft Store does not download any app and it doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsoft Store does not download any app and it doesn't open?: Since I got my new Windows 11 computer in 2022 I have been trying to use Microsoft Store and it does not work. I still waiting for answers but no one answered me. Is frustrating to buy a brand new computer and getting these issues in less than a minute after trying every...
  3. Why Microsoft Store does not download any app and it doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsoft Store does not download any app and it doesn't open?: Since I got my new Windows 11 computer in 2022 I have been trying to use Microsoft Store and it does not work. I still waiting for answers but no one answered me. Is frustrating to buy a brand new computer and getting these issues in less than a minute after trying every...
  4. Windows Store doesn't download any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store doesn't download any app: When searching for "Microsoft Store" in the start menu, the app doesn't even load the icon properly. It may seem that the program itself is corrupt.The Store also isn't on the list of available installed apps from the settingsHowever, the Microsoft Store app can actually run,...
  5. Windows Store doesn't download any app

Windows Store doesn't download any app: When searching for "Microsoft Store" in the start menu, the app doesn't even load the icon properly. It may seem that the program itself is corrupt.The Store also isn't on the list of available installed apps from the settingsHowever, the Microsoft Store app can actually run,...
  6. MS Store game is running, but window doesn't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store game is running, but window doesn't open: Halo Infinite runs fine for me on Steam. Absolutely perfect. However, on MS Store it doesnt even work. It uses my disk in task manager for a minute or so i assume this is the game loading but it doesnt appear in my task bar, nor does it open. How do I fix this? I want to play...
  7. MS Store game is running, but window doesn't open

MS Store game is running, but window doesn't open: Halo Infinite runs fine for me on Steam. Absolutely perfect. However, on MS Store it doesnt even work. It uses my disk in task manager for a minute or so i assume this is the game loading but it doesnt appear in my task bar, nor does it open. How do I fix this? I want to play...
  8. Alexa App doesn't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alexa App doesn't open: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ditskiy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klhiav/alexa_app_doesnt_open/
  9. Question on downloading/running an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on downloading/running an app: I want to listen to a podcast app on my laptop vs through my phone. When I open it up on the LT it says installed and the device (my phone) that it's installed to but I can't do anything else with it. It won't open. I've uninstalled it from my phone to see if I could just...
  10. apps not running after downloaded

apps not running after downloaded: i recently got this pc gifted to me and everything works up until I go to run an application from the Microsoft store. any help would be appreciated . thanks....