Windows 10: Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

Discus and support Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bmbulahan, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Bmbulahan Win User

Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as I ran into a series of trouble and messed up everything.. I decided to delete my win10 partition as well in hope to fix the problem.
    Now, the problem is, everytime I install Windows 10, and booting it up, it wont work.. it wont boot. One thing I observed thought is that everytime I select a disk for win 10 installation it wont automatically create an extra partition like it used to be. Im suspecting that I messed up my hdd.
    Some extra info:
    *Im on BIOS not UEFI.
    *I messed up the mbr partition before deleting win10

:)

Bmbulahan, Feb 9, 2019

2. /boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit :)

angelkiller, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

/boot Partition?

If you have a newer CPU, I would suggest using some Virtualization software.

Virtual machine software that's free like Virtual Box or a "to buy" one like Vmware...

You can install, mess with and even straight up destroy OS's in a nice, safe little sandbox, and it doesn't hamper a thing *Wink Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit ;)

Dippyskoodlez, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

1. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit - Similar Threads - Freshly installed win10

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Win10 Dual Boot after POST

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Dual Boot after POST: Hi All, I have a win10 machine which i normally use as medial player. I have started using it as a Minecraft server on java. Question is when i want to use it as a server is it possible to have a dual boot screen after POST so it loads only necessary drivers with...
  5. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  6. Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up: I am trying to dual boot OSX and Windows 10 on my desktop computer. OSX is fully installed, and I have created Windows 10 install media on a flash drive. I am able to boot into the installer, but when I tell the installer to install in the unallocated space ~250gb, it...
  7. Fedora dual boot not showing after win10 installation

Fedora dual boot not showing after win10 installation: I had Fedora 31 & win7 on my system. After installing Windows10 pro, Fedora dual boot disappeared & directly win10 loading. How to get back dual boot? Win10 have dual boot?...
  8. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516
  9. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...
  10. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...