Windows 10: Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

Discus and support Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bmbulahan, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Bmbulahan Win User

Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as I ran into a series of trouble and messed up everything.. I decided to delete my win10 partition as well in hope to fix the problem.
    Now, the problem is, everytime I install Windows 10, and booting it up, it wont work.. it wont boot. One thing I observed thought is that everytime I select a disk for win 10 installation it wont automatically create an extra partition like it used to be. Im suspecting that I messed up my hdd.
    Some extra info:
    *Im on BIOS not UEFI.
    *I messed up the mbr partition before deleting win10

:)

Bmbulahan, Feb 9, 2019

2. /boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit :)

angelkiller, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

/boot Partition?

If you have a newer CPU, I would suggest using some Virtualization software.

Virtual machine software that's free like Virtual Box or a "to buy" one like Vmware...

You can install, mess with and even straight up destroy OS's in a nice, safe little sandbox, and it doesn't hamper a thing *Wink Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit ;)

Dippyskoodlez, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

1. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit - Similar Threads - Freshly installed win10

2. Dual boot Win10 and XP screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 and XP screw up: I have a play system with Win10 installed and wanted to put XP on it as well and be able to dual boot. Of course I've done it the wrong way round and wonder if there's anyway to recover from my screw up without reloading WIn10, which is not a big deal anyway, just time...
  3. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition: I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu partition and after rebooting the system, it told me that there was a grub error - 'Error: no such partition". After looking up what...
  4. Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10

Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10: I'm trying to install a new copy of Windows 10 Pro on this desktop. I inserted a 1TB HDD into it, downloaded and created installation USB using media creation tool. Then booted off that USB stick and went through initial steps of installation of fresh copy of Windows 10. It...
  5. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...
  6. Previous dual-boot: deleted old Win8, now Win10 won't boot

Previous dual-boot: deleted old Win8, now Win10 won't boot: EDIT What actually went wrong and how to prevent this from happening to you: What happened was that when you installed Windows 10, the setup program saw the system partition and boot files on the old hard drive and, by default, updates the old system partition/boot...
  7. Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot

Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot: Bought a new computer with windows 10 installed, but my work from home job requires windows 7. I don't want to get rid of windows 10, as I will need it for other things, so I'm trying to install windows 7 onto a separate partition so that I can dual boot between the two. I...
  8. Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade

Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade: Just wondering if this can be done or would I be opening a can of worms. I recently did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. All is fine. The Win7 was OEM and I have the 4 OEM disks that came with the PC. Is it possible now to reinstall Win7 on a new partition on my C drive, using...
  9. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...
  10. Dual Boot on Win7 after issues with win10

Dual Boot on Win7 after issues with win10: hi, I am new on this forum, but not new with windows or OS setup. I was running win 7 (64bit) pleasantly but decided to install Win10, did all the needed stuff for getting dual boot setup. Win10 booted fine, when selected from dual boot menu, but I have many issues on...