Windows 10: Friend PC is suddenly running very slow for no reason

Discus and support Friend PC is suddenly running very slow for no reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so a friend of mine recently told him he was having issues with his notebook laptop, so i asked him to give me the chance to remote it with teamviewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teaselbonnes, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Friend PC is suddenly running very slow for no reason

so a friend of mine recently told him he was having issues with his notebook laptop, so i asked him to give me the chance to remote it with teamviewer

and when i entered it to check what could be the problem, i found that a file called dwm.exe was causing extremely high GPU usage for no reason, i tried googling the issue only to find a 19 page thread on microsoft site of people complaining i tried a bunch of the solution there without any help

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sage-gpu/a14dae9b-8faf-4920-a237-75ebac8073f5

i tried updating his intel and nvidia driver but for some reason it won't let me update the intel driver, instead when i try to update it, i get this error instead

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005469/graphics-drivers.html

i really want to help my friend fix his laptop so please any help would be appreciated, my friend is not very tech savy so he'd like to avoid reinstalling windows 10 if possible

submitted by /u/teaselbonnes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teaselbonnes, Nov 1, 2019

2. My laptop is slow and is not responding to the commands quickly.

Hello Lokesh,

Whether your PC has gradually become slower or it suddenly stop for a few minutes, there could be a few reasons for that slowness. Try the troubleshooting steps in this article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10 to help make your Windows 10 PC run better.

Note: The troubleshooting steps are listed in order. If the steps do not work, continue with the next step.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 1, 2019
  3. garybear89, Nov 1, 2019
  4. clinux Win User

Friend PC is suddenly running very slow for no reason

Linux for a slow PC

I was searching for my problem & came across your question. So registered to suggest distro for slow pc.

Try DSL (awesome), Slax (Good) .
    distrowatch.com is your friend.

clinux, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Friend PC is suddenly running very slow for no reason

1. Friend PC is suddenly running very slow for no reason - Similar Threads - Friend suddenly running

2. PC suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly running slow: I recently bought a new game mk1, and I was super frustrated i couldn't run it. It lagged everywhere. So I did a fresh install of windows, because this usually fixed problems. It did for about a week and my computer ran games gloriously. Yesterday I try to open the game and...
  3. PC suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly running slow: I recently bought a new game mk1, and I was super frustrated i couldn't run it. It lagged everywhere. So I did a fresh install of windows, because this usually fixed problems. It did for about a week and my computer ran games gloriously. Yesterday I try to open the game and...
  4. My PC is running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is running very slow.: I noticed that Windows hasn't updated. Upon inspection it shows, Updated failed, Your version of Windows has reached the end of service. A couple lines down it says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 - Error 0xc1900223. I am assuming the PC has missed a couple...
  5. All of the sudden my PC has begun to run very slow.

All of the sudden my PC has begun to run very slow.: I was casually watching YouTube and playing a Video game when my computer began to run super slow. I checked task manager and looked at my CPU and it was way below the base speed. The speed would drastically go up and down ranging from 0.30 to 1.65 continuously. I've tried...
  6. All of the sudden my PC has begun to run very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of the sudden my PC has begun to run very slow.: I was casually watching YouTube and playing a Video game when my computer began to run super slow. I checked task manager and looked at my CPU and it was way below the base speed. The speed would drastically go up and down ranging from 0.30 to 1.65 continuously. I've tried...
  7. All of the sudden my PC has begun to run very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC suddenly very slow and BSOD

PC suddenly very slow and BSOD: So I bought a new PC one month ago and it was working fine the first few days, but then I started getting BSOD on startup. It would happen rarely so it didn't bother me that much, but yesterday my PC suddenly got very slow. I couldn't play games I used to play, every time I...
  9. PC suddenly very slow and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly very slow and BSOD: So I bought a new PC one month ago and it was working fine the first few days, but then I started getting BSOD on startup. It would happen rarely so it didn't bother me that much, but yesterday my PC suddenly got very slow. I couldn't play games I used to play, every time I...
  10. PC booting slow and running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC booting slow and running very slow: My PC has been acting up pretty bad, it seems to have been a deterioration over time as it started rough and is just getting worse. It will take about 10 minutes or so to boot, when i finally get in, even right clicking for the simple drop down menu has my mouse loading for...