Windows 10: friend scammed

Discus and support friend scammed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; W10 ver 1909 My friend knows very little about computers He fell for the Microsoft scam where he had to call their support line. They took control of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by compiler7, Jul 10, 2020.

1. compiler7 Win User

friend scammed

W10 ver 1909

My friend knows very little about computers He fell for the Microsoft scam where he had to call their support line. They took control of his computer. He realized just in time that there was a problem and managed to hang up and shut down. But, when I had him check things, we found Go To Assist Customer from Logmein on his computer. When we tried to UNINSTALL it said there were other users on. We continued anyway but it asked for a password. How do we eliminate the program?

Mel

:)

compiler7, Jul 10, 2020
  2. BobBarr Win User

New steam scam/Phising attempt

did you forward it to valve? i know someone on my friends list that sent them an email about a scam thing some time ago and was rewarded =D

BobBarr, Jul 10, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    friend victim of scam

bdog, this is very serious.I didn't even check your logs..

If you have backup (from the time before scam), restore your friends system.

I know, this could sound paranoid, but, if you don't have backup, I would wipe that system clean (save all your documents and other files you need) and perform clean install.
    You can make System backup anyway - and restore needed files later (Macrium free will do)

You should wait for any other advice..

AndreTen, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

friend scammed

Smeed, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

friend scammed

1. friend scammed - Similar Threads - friend scammed

2. Calendar View is not User friendly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar View is not User friendly: MSFT you need to give us back a normal single month task bar calendar, a cross 2 months split view stinks! No one works in split view, if you and your programmers must have it then make it an option to do both!...
  3. Calendar View is not User friendly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar View is not User friendly: MSFT you need to give us back a normal single month task bar calendar, a cross 2 months split view stinks! No one works in split view, if you and your programmers must have it then make it an option to do both!...
  4. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  5. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  6. Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...: Recently wiped a computer and shipped it to my friend.Some reason why he tries to log on, There's a username named Odd which is not me and not sure how it got there. Even using a old password that I have used he is not able to log in. Wondering if there is anyway he can get...
  7. Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...: Recently wiped a computer and shipped it to my friend.Some reason why he tries to log on, There's a username named Odd which is not me and not sure how it got there. Even using a old password that I have used he is not able to log in. Wondering if there is anyway he can get...
  8. Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...

9. My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...

My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...: My friend recently had to completely wipe his computer due to significant issues with his files. After this he installed the new copy of windows 10 and went through the process as normal until he had to get the WIFI working. He is using the same wifi card as he was before...
  10. friend victim of scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    friend victim of scam: My friend received a call from "Apple" who told him he had been hacked by someone from another country and they needed to take over his dell computer and iphone to fix the problem. he let them install remote control software and it came to him that it might not be "Apple" at...