Windows 10: Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos.

Discus and support Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, people that I talk with on valorantcan hear all my computer audio. I have looked in the voice settings for input output, i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tanishvv, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos.

As the title says, people that I talk with on valorantcan hear all my computer audio. I have looked in the voice settings for input output, i tried changing my input and output settings, it didn't change anything.

submitted by /u/tanishvv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tanishvv, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 17, 2020
  3. My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos.

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos.

1. Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos. - Similar Threads - Friends hear computer

2. Problem with hearing my friends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with hearing my friends: I have a problem, when i star screen recording, you simply cant hear my friends. I mean during the recording you can, but on the record you cant and its like this with all the mics....
  3. Problem with hearing my friends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with hearing my friends: I have a problem, when i star screen recording, you simply cant hear my friends. I mean during the recording you can, but on the record you cant and its like this with all the mics....
  4. my friends hear my game audio through my mic on my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my friends hear my game audio through my mic on my headset: i just got a headset pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-friends-hear-my-game-audio-through-my-mic-on-my/b59f1acf-f53f-4dfe-891c-4da63560a3f1
  5. Friends Can Hear My Game Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Friends Can Hear My Game Volume: Exactly as it says in the title. Friends I play with in Windows 10's Game Bar chat complain they can hear my game volume. I try turning it off with the slider but that also turns off my game volume. It's simple: I don't want them to hear the volume of my game but I want to...
  6. Friends can hear my computer audio such as music,games and such while talking to them on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Friends can hear my computer audio such as music,games and such while talking to them on...: I've searched google and tried most of the solutions that I found , please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/friends-can-hear-my-computer-audio-such-as/d0164a65-766d-4b39-983d-7e840a0a44a8
  7. Others can hear my computer audio and not me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Others can hear my computer audio and not me: I have a Windows 10 HP computer, and others can hear my computer audio instead of me when I'm in calls. I've tried everything from updating my drivers and disabling and enabling my audio input and output, but nothing seems to be working....
  8. My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.: I was playing Dead by Daylight when this happened. After I sent a bad message, I got suspended from sending messages. Now I can hear my friends but they can’t hear me. I need help with this please....
  9. Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos: When I record anything like videos or games I can't hear anything and I even made sure that everything was turned up to 50% Why dose this happen. Is my Motherboard getting old do you think? ***Modified title from: FAQ: Broadcast & Capture***...
  10. Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer

Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer: Could anyone please assist with any ideas to resolve the issue of not able to watch any videos but only hear audio when trying to watch on my laptop on windows 10? I am using MS Edge....