Windows 10: Friend's laptop connects to wifi but cannot connect to games, web, etc

Discus and support Friend's laptop connects to wifi but cannot connect to games, web, etc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; His laptop can connect to wifi, but cannot connect to servers and web browsers and such. He has tried a lot of solutions on the internet, but none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RBM2123456, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Friend's laptop connects to wifi but cannot connect to games, web, etc

His laptop can connect to wifi, but cannot connect to servers and web browsers and such. He has tried a lot of solutions on the internet, but none of them worked. So he factory reset his computer but it still doesnt work.

He gets ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED when trying to use his web browser.

Any possible solutions?

submitted by /u/RBM2123456
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RBM2123456, Feb 18, 2021
  2. txstoby Win User

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Bad connection at friends home, good connection at my home

I bought a new laptop a few months ago and I have problems with staying connected to wifi. When at home I don't have any problems but when I am at a friend it keeps disconnecting when playing an online game (Guild Wars 2). It randomly throws me out of the game and have to reconnect. At that point, when looking at the different wifi signals my laptop picks up, it only shows the one I am currently connected to.

Also, at my friend's home, his laptop can detect more wifi signals compared to my laptop.

Can someone explain what might be wrong and how I can fix it?

I am using Windows 10.

Robin van Dijk, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Friend's laptop connects to wifi but cannot connect to games, web, etc

laptop cant connect or stay connected to internet

And please do check that is the connection problem is occurring with that specific WiFi router or with others too? Try to connect using different router, and if you don't have a router try connecting it to WiFi hotspot and test it.
    I had that problem when my old-router stopped working I replaced it with new one and in a day my laptop HP-450 was unable to connect to it whereas all other devices were connected. At first I had the same feeling that my laptop was not working and tried every thing but nothing worked. Then I tried connecting to my WiFi hotspot and it worked even in long range. Then I called Dlink and got it replaced. With the new router I had no problems.
    Also do check the number of devices connected.

Vineet Reddy, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Friend's laptop connects to wifi but cannot connect to games, web, etc

1. Friend's laptop connects to wifi but cannot connect to games, web, etc - Similar Threads - Friend's laptop connects

2. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  3. The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The laptop cannot connect to WiFi: Hello,My laptop is no longer connecting to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices.Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected...
  4. Cannot connect to Wifi

Cannot connect to Wifi: I have done everything, run most commands, reset my pc thrice, uninstall windows update, but nothing works. Wifi shows available network but refuses to connect Windows 10 2004. 'Can't connect to this network'. This started happening randomly today. I have checked the WLAN...
  5. Cannot connect to the web

Cannot connect to the web: Have successfully reinstalled the machine I have been working on but now the network connection cannot be found. I have checked the wifi drivers and all are up to date. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. 166970
  6. Cannot Connect to wifi

Cannot Connect to wifi: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and when I troubleshoot the wifi I get the message the intelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems how do I fix this?...
  7. Friend connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Friend connect: My friend is playing tribez using ipad and through facebook. I playing tribez through the Microsoft app. I cant play tribez on facebook on my laptop. How so we connect as neighbors?...
  8. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...
  9. Minecraft cannot connect to friends server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cannot connect to friends server: I can't connect to my friend's world. I'm not sure why I can't connect to his realm. There are others that are able to do so just fine. Any reccomendations for how to connect to the realm?...
  10. cannot connect laptop to wifi

cannot connect laptop to wifi: im having a very frustrating time trying to connect my laptop to wifi. it was working great only a couple of days ago. i ran the troubleshooter and says that wifi capability is disabled, luckily, however, my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all!!! ive been using an external...