Windows 10: Friend's Windows Laptop is dysfunctional

Discus and support Friend's Windows Laptop is dysfunctional in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a quick question. My friend has the exact same laptop as me, apart from the fact that I have a Ryzen 7 and he has an intel 7. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by efk2006, May 17, 2020.

1. efk2006 Win User

Friend's Windows Laptop is dysfunctional

Hey guys, I have a quick question.

My friend has the exact same laptop as me, apart from the fact that I have a Ryzen 7 and he has an intel 7. Its worked perfectly fine until the beginning of April. The first incident was when it keeps bluescreening on startup, saying it is a memory error. He took it to get repaired.

The repair shop diagnoses the problem and says its a few corrupter BIOS files. So they wipe everything off of the computer and they re-install BIOS, Windows 10, basically everything you get when you buy the thing new.

He got it back today. It functioned as new for like 4 hours. Now its doing it again.

It keeps saying 'Memory error' and other stuff, but its not software this time. We both think he messed up his hard drive.

However. both the technician and him confirmed he has not downloaded any shady stuff, and he stuck with steam apps and ROBLOX.

BTW, its an Azus gaming laptop. He didn't fill out the warranty either.

What is going on here? Its not a virus, and he didn't blow the drive. Is something wrong with the previous repair?

EDIT: The technician said he only wiped and reinstalled windows. I do remember my friend saying that that computer didn't come with armory crate a crucial software center for AZUS. Do you think he didn't install everything needed?

:)

efk2006, May 17, 2020

2. Giving laptop to a friend

Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions.
    Trust is a non issue as there is nothing on this laptop that is not public information anyway.
    I will add friend as a new user and make him admin.
    Sign myself out and log back in with his credentials.

Again, thanks.

snifferpro, May 17, 2020
  3. Reventon Win User
    Looking for Laptop for Friend

My friend wants a good laptop for just basic things like music and internet and a little gaming.

I'm looking on Newegg and have found a few that seem pretty good. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably below $600.

Reventon, May 17, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Friend's Windows Laptop is dysfunctional - Similar Threads - Friend's Laptop dysfunctional

2. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  3. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dysfunctional laptop screen.: Hello - turned on my laptop today and suddenly this appeared! Any idea's what to do and what the problem is? The touch screen is working the whole way.For context, my wife did grab this part of the laptop screen directly fingers on the screen in the morning, but immediately...
  4. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dysfunctional laptop screen.: Hello - turned on my laptop today and suddenly this appeared! Any idea's what to do and what the problem is? The touch screen is working the whole way.For context, my wife did grab this part of the laptop screen directly fingers on the screen in the morning, but immediately...
  5. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Diagnosing Charging System Dysfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diagnosing Charging System Dysfunction: The charging system on Dell Latitude E5550 with Windows 10, version 1909, build 18363.1082 is doing something odd and I can't figure out where the problem is. I don't think it is a faulty charging port, as it runs without the battery. The battery is at 72% health and it does...
  7. Dysfunctional Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dysfunctional Mouse: My mouse has become over-sensitive - even with a light touch, it often double-clicks and cancels what I have tried to achieve, thus requiring several attempts. It often jumps around, especially in Excel, causing me to go back and cancel the unwanted operation. I pay for...
  8. Windows hello dysfunctional

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello dysfunctional: I have a windows hello capable device That is mobile It is a Samsung book too However Windows hello turns on and off as it pleases I don't know What to do about this it seems like everything is perfect for it to work however randomly it works for a log in or to irrelevant of...
  9. System Restore is dysfunctional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore is dysfunctional: How can I fix System Restore in Windows 10? My system has LOTS of available memory and only 4 previous system restore points, but now System Restore can't complete even after creating a new restore point. System Restore always worked in Windows 8.1 which was installed on my...
  10. Giving laptop to a friend

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving laptop to a friend: Giving my old laptop to a friend. I am currently the only person using this laptop and I am the admin with a Microsoft account. What is the easiest and best way for my friend to create his own Microsoft account and become the administrator of the laptop? Can I have...