Windows 10: From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours

Discus and support From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , Well we must agree to disagree on the point that you think Microsoft have done a good job on Win 10. I certainly do not. With everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WeeJocky, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BillyBob Win User

From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours

Considering the absolutely huge numbers of configurations MS has to deal with I think they've done a tremendous job. Apple only has to deal with a handful of configurations and it cant even get that right, and with Android, most people cant even upgrade a two year old phone or tablet.

But I feel your frustration, I had to go through it with a couple of my machines.

BillyBob, Aug 2, 2015
  2. WeeJocky Win User

BillyBob,
    I have absolutely no experience of Apple but, in my opinion, they and MS are just two huge corporations whose main aim in life is to produce (in their eyes) saleable products at as large a profit margin as is possible, and as quickly as possible too.
    I do think that, given their resources, and considering the number of third party vendors they have supporting them, a more reliable product, and one more suited to their customers requirements, could be produced.

Your use of the word frustration is very apt. Thank you.

Ian

WeeJocky, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Wenda Win User
    Same problem, in a way.

I have a 15gb/month allowance, for which I'm bilked (no, that's not a typo) A$110 a month.

I have three weeks until this bilking-period ends, and have about 3.5gb left.

So no, Windows 10 is NOT FREE.

You just pay your ISP instead of Microsoft. *Tongue*Sad

Not impressed? You bet your sweet bippy, I'm not!!!

And yes, I know it isn't MS' fault...

Wenda, Aug 2, 2015
  4. WeeJocky Win User

Hi Wenda,

I am on the same data allowance as you, but I only pay (GBP) £13.90 per month. (About A$ 29.00 I believe?)
    So yes, you are getting robbed at those rates.

Not sure as to how you reason it is not MS's fault though, for if they had produced a flawless product in the first place, data allowances would not have been hammered so much, frustration, anger and blood pressure levels would not have been so great, and the old "puter would now be humming away quite merrily on Win 10.
    Still, it is purring away here with the OS that it knows and loves --- Win 7. May it last forever.

Cheers,

Ian

WeeJocky, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Wenda Win User
    Sorry, I forgot to mention it's 4G wireless (not a 'dongle' but full home wireless b/band).

Here in Australia they seem to think wireless bandwidth is made of platinum, and charge accordingly.

The next nasty trick in their repertoire is, when you inevitably exceed your quota, they
    slow you to a completely unusable 64kb/sec. *cry*cry

Wenda, Aug 2, 2015
  6. patrickt Win User
    I know you'll be excited to hear that my installation went without a hitch, took less than an hour, and has one very minor problem. I really like Windows 10.

patrickt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours - Similar Threads - hours

2. My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...: My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a Circle loading it doesn’t show the percentage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-more-than-48-hours-resetting-im-worried/b9e24638-68e1-4eb1-b36f-282de96fc34b
  3. My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...: My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a Circle loading it doesn’t show the percentage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-more-than-48-hours-resetting-im-worried/b9e24638-68e1-4eb1-b36f-282de96fc34b
  4. My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...
  7. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  9. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  10. Booting Windows takes hours...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Windows takes hours...: Short question:What does that mean, what can I do? Is this an update and I just have to wait? But it has yet been booting for hours... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-takes-hours/70673c92-6e92-44ca-a98f-54cb91cbea75