Windows 10: From Chrome to Win10 - Lenovo m710q

Discus and support From Chrome to Win10 - Lenovo m710q in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok. Someone gave me this Lenovo m710q which is originally running on ChromeOS. I tried to change to win10 but the system is giving me this Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/becklog, Dec 4, 2020.

1. From Chrome to Win10 - Lenovo m710q

Ok. Someone gave me this Lenovo m710q which is originally running on ChromeOS. I tried to change to win10 but the system is giving me this Chrome recovery thingy message. Next thing I did was flash the bios so it can read the USB installer but this time it is not booting up.

Is there any other way for me to do this? Or should I give up and dump this system?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/becklog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/becklog, Dec 4, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 4, 2020
  4. From Chrome to Win10 - Lenovo m710q

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

From Chrome to Win10 - Lenovo m710q

1. From Chrome to Win10 - Lenovo m710q - Similar Threads - Chrome Win10 Lenovo

2. Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...: Hi,I have the computer for only a week, and it keeps running into bluescreen about once a day.Today i noticed it says:stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDwhat failed: storport.sysIt manages to reboot and then works normally no need for safe mode.I have the dmps,...
  3. Lenovo M710q - Switch from Chrome OS to Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo M710q - Switch from Chrome OS to Windows: I bought a second hand Lenovo m710q but it has Amazon Customer Support OS, I'm trying to format it to run Windows 10, however I can not get passed the "Recover" option of Chrome OS, it is asking for a USB or SD, however I was checking if there was any way to flash its Bios...
  4. Update from Win7 to Win10 on Lenovo X220 -> Realtek Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from Win7 to Win10 on Lenovo X220 -> Realtek Bluetooth problem: Hello ! I want to update my Lenovo X220 which is running on Win7 to win 10. Unfortately the upgrade process ends with the following error : Realtek Bluetooth Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. A new version is available....
  5. Can't Install Chrome on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Install Chrome on Win10: In the past, my pc can use chrome and it works just fine.... but someday, I got a malware and its infect both chrome and firefox, but I can fix the problem easily, but then... after just finishing the problems, I cannot use nor open the chrome normally.... so I tried to...
  6. Lenovo IdeaPad 110S + Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo IdeaPad 110S + Win10: Буду благодарен за помощь в решении следующего вопроса. В наличии устройтство Lenovo IdeaPad 110S. Возникли проблемы следующего характера: - Не нажимаются клавиши клавиатуры (после нескольких перезагрузок всё работает, однако непродолжительное количество времени) -...
  7. Chrome autostart with page from win10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome autostart with page from win10: A real nightmare for me. When I start Chrome after a Windows reboot, it often, but not always, opens with one tab with this URL: Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming I am sure I never visited mixer.com in my Chrome browser, but it might have shown up when Edge was run. This also...
  8. Chrome autostart with page from win10 spotlight june

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome autostart with page from win10 spotlight june: A real nightmare for me. When I start Chrome after a Windows reboot, it often, but not always, opens with one tab with this URL: Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming I am sure I never visited mixer.com in my Chrome browser, but it might have shown up when Edge was run. This also...
  9. Chrome + Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome + Win10: Hey! I've been searching around, and this seems to be the place to ask for help with an issue like this. I don't really know what's going on, but I was hoping you guys could help me. So, here's my problem. Yesterday, Windows 10 updates by itself. Not unusual in any...
  10. Lenovo T510 - No Bluetooth driver for Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo T510 - No Bluetooth driver for Win10: Lenovo says it will not support any OS above Win7 and specifically that it will not provide a Bluetooth driver for the T510 laptop. I had to roll back my Win10 upgrade due to this issue. My quest: anyone know whether or not there is a possible source for development of such?...