Windows 10: From command prompt can i get to safe mode in windows 10 ?

Discus and support From command prompt can i get to safe mode in windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried firing up my computer and was greeted by "pic 1", so i google'd the file line and discovered it has to do with Webroot security software,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hvphotog, Sep 17, 2016.

1. hvphotog Win User

From command prompt can i get to safe mode in windows 10 ?

I tried firing up my computer and was greeted by "pic 1", so i google'd the file line and discovered it has to do with Webroot security software, perhaps an up gone bad or something.

after reading on forums for webroot i have to get to safe mode remove the software, reboot and maybe reinstall if i still want to use that software

So i am able to get to "picture 2" screen and i have tried every option there and it just returns me to "pic 1" a dozen times.

I am able to get to a command prompt so i am curious is there a way to get to safe mode from the command prompt ?

From command prompt can i get to safe mode in windows 10 ? [​IMG]

:)

hvphotog, Sep 17, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to Re-establish An Administrator Account

The command to get to the root is CD/

I know you are not an administrator, but right click the start button and see if you can run Command Prompt (Admin) form there . . . then try the commands!

Another idea would be to go to safe mode with command prompt and try from there

Press Shift Key + Restart, then on reboot, Advanced Options - Safe Mode with Command Prompt

DaveM121, Sep 17, 2016
  3. what command promt do I use to get out of safe mode in windows 10

I need the command prompt to turn off safe mode using this feature in windows 10, had to reset computer to factory settings but will not reboot error message states I am in safe mode which I entered via command prompt and can only access command promtpt
    to turn off safe mode.

darrellcrawford, Sep 17, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Yes from your command prompt type msconfig Then hit your enter key. *Smile

Check the box Safe Boot then reboot. You will also have to re-check that box to off, before your next reboot, or it will keep booting you back into Safe Mode.

OldMike65, Sep 17, 2016
  5. hvphotog Win User
    Thats what i get when i tried that

hvphotog, Sep 17, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Sorry but that command is correct. Sounds like you may have to do a repair install to fix your computer.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    This will not delete any of your installed programs or personal files. It only repairs all of the windows system files.

OldMike65, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Is'nt that the screen you get when you run msconfig from the "run" command rather than the "cmd" prompt? maybe wrong *Smile

stuarttunstall, Sep 17, 2016
  8. hvphotog Win User

what about removing webroot from the command prompt ?

hvphotog, Sep 17, 2016
  9. Archie123 Win User
    put it in the run box not command prompt

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  10. hvphotog Win User
    I can not reach the run box

hvphotog, Sep 17, 2016
  11. Archie123 Win User
    in the search box type run and its the top app (Run desktop app)

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  12. Archie123 Win User
    holding shift and then clicking restart is a much easier way though it seems odd you want to do it the msconfig way??

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  13. lx07 Win User

Or you can try the command bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network

(leave out network if you don't want networking).

14. hvphotog Win User
    i can not get that far.. i can open a command box only. i can not get windows to start, i can not get into safe mode

hvphotog, Sep 17, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    No its not ....try it yourself, I already have done it. *Smile It will run from either way.

OldMike65, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

1. From command prompt can i get to safe mode in windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - command prompt safe

2. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  3. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  4. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  6. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  7. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows XP Safe mode with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP Safe mode with Command Prompt: I have a Fujitsu p1630 2008 model. I have never loaded any external programmes on to it and it has only ever had me as a user. Not used for a while. Keyed in my user password incorrectly a few times. My user name changed to Administrator for which i do not have a password. I...
  9. Safe mode command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode command prompt: How to leave the command prompt area in password and which password is required in that portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-command-prompt/d638cfbb-e2a9-4ea7-8522-8ce7edb31635
  10. Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode: Every time I would try to reset my PC it would send me to safe mode so I went to Troubleshooting and then Command Prompt. I did not have an admin account on this PC so now I am stuck on a page that says, "You need to sign in as an administator to continue, but there are't any...