Windows 10: From DOS to the golden age of Windows

Discus and support From DOS to the golden age of Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; yes there are still some good old programs that function perfectly that have never been windowized Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 23, 2016.

1. pigpenz Win User

From DOS to the golden age of Windows

yes there are still some good old programs that function perfectly that have never been windowized

pigpenz, Feb 24, 2016

2. My first experience of computers was at university in 1973; Fortran via punch cards. Hated it!

Then in 1977 I discovered the Z80 based "Nascom 1" at the BBC, been hooked ever since. My first home computer was a Tandy TRS-80, running a DOS from a "small start-up company" according to the instruction booklet, it was called Micro Soft.

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

From DOS to the golden age of Windows

1. From DOS to the golden age of Windows - Similar Threads - DOS golden age

2. DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  3. DOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  4. Windows dos not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dos not boot: Hi, I tried to upgrade to windows 10 21H1 yesterday and I needed to pull out my pc when it started thundering outside so now windows can't boot when it boots I get that the file BCD error code 0xc0000098 I have tried rebuilding the BCD but I may have done it incorrectly and I...
  5. Free DoS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free DoS: My laptop broke down and I need a computer for my university classes ... I started to buy a computer for 300 euros that almost or cannot handle engineering programs. It came with FreeDOS and the responsible companies ask for € 123 (to install windows 10) I already saw some...
  6. dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dos: I want to delete directory 'Contacts' on Decktop Windows 10 Normal Windows delete does not work. 1 Re-start in Safe Mode 2 Command mode - DOS 3 cd desktop 4 attrib -R Contacts 5 rmdir /S Contacts 6 dir and 'Contacts has gone. 7 Re-start and Contacts is back...
  7. Bluetooth Goodnight - Silence is not golden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Goodnight - Silence is not golden: I hope I am in the right section. This is a bit of a convoluted problem. I have purchased the BLUETOOTH speakers shown below. I have noticed that every time my desktop goes to sleep or my pc reboots the speakers die and I must go to pc settings and turn the speakers on and...
  8. golden toad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    golden toad: I can't open golden toad. is anyone else having this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/golden-toad/22c63f43-9da7-45de-9177-09c58dcd3edf
  9. Flight Simulator X golden edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight Simulator X golden edition: Hello, I reinstalled my official software package in Windows 10. I activated it and I got a positive result. After I start te program via FSX.EXE i gat the message that the activation was not succesful. I removed the program and did again a reinstallation. The message is...
  10. Golden lock at windows 10 notification system

in Windows 10 Support
    Golden lock at windows 10 notification system: Hi guys, I had an issue with my windows. Yesterday night when I was going to switch off my pc, I thought it was trying to shut down on its own, however, this morning I saw my pc didn't shut down at all & it stays at the uefi page. I knew something was not right. Right after...