Windows 10: From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender...

Discus and support From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I haven't installed any antivirus.. when I go to services. Msc and start the windows defender services it automatically stopped by the computer..... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PawanKumar_227, Mar 24, 2020.

1. From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender...

I haven't installed any antivirus.. when I go to services. Msc and start the windows defender services it automatically stopped by the computer.. please help me.From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender... [​IMG]

:)

PawanKumar_227, Mar 24, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender... [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Unable to turn off Windows Defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to turn off windows defender.

I suggest you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1) Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 24, 2020
  4. DarkEstra Win User

From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender...

unable to install windows on M.2

Hello
    i have m.2 960 evo installed on Gigabyte z270-Ultra Gaming
    so i did the AHCI thingy from the bios
    and it detect the m.2
    but when i try to install windows
    it reachs to the page where i should make partition and start installing
    it says u unable to install windows on this partition and i should enable m.2 from bios
    tried the UEFI and legacy
    nothing happend
    so what is the solution here

DarkEstra, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender...

1. From many days I'm unable to open my windows defender... - Similar Threads - many days I'm

2. I'm unable to open windows security app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to open windows security app: Whenever I try to open windows security, a black screen appear and a popup comes which reads "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you try to is is not available. Contact IT Helpdesk for information."I've tried all methods mentioned...
  3. I'm unable to open windows security app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to open windows security app: Whenever I try to open windows security, a black screen appear and a popup comes which reads "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you try to is is not available. Contact IT Helpdesk for information."I've tried all methods mentioned...
  4. many windows open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many windows open: How do I close a lot of open windows? Thousands! Is there a method to close all the windows at once, without moving from one window to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-windows-open/f9bfee1e-768b-4511-b65c-2f65ff6c5072
  5. many windows open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many windows open: How do I close a lot of open windows? Thousands! Is there a method to close all the windows at once, without moving from one window to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-windows-open/f9bfee1e-768b-4511-b65c-2f65ff6c5072
  6. many windows open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to open Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to open Windows Defender: Can anyone help me? When I try to open windows defender from the start menu on windows 11 it doesn't open. When I go from the settings and try to open it, it goes on the Microsoft storeIt says:"You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link". I don't know why this...
  8. Unable to open many programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  9. Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it.

Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it.: Split from this thread. Hello i also have this problem. My "System and security" is saying that Defender is not activated and once i go to windows defender settings to activate it i cant. I cant even scan my PC using it. This started as soon as i was going to check for...
  10. Unable to open Windows Defender

Unable to open Windows Defender: While I was away someone tried to make changes to my system. I am trying to enable Defender, but I receive the attached message; [img] I am the administrator. 70360