Windows 10: From mobo with chipset LGA 1155 to a mobo LGA 1200 on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support From mobo with chipset LGA 1155 to a mobo LGA 1200 on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, a silly but (at least for me), important question: I actually have a motherboard ASUS P8H77-M PRO with LGA 1155 chipset and an Intel Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 74lobster, Jul 10, 2020.

1. 74lobster Win User

From mobo with chipset LGA 1155 to a mobo LGA 1200 on Windows 10 Pro

Hi guys, a silly but (at least for me), important question:

I actually have a motherboard ASUS P8H77-M PRO with LGA 1155 chipset and an Intel Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz processor and I have Windows 10 Pro installed on an ssd.

Now I wanna upgrade the old motherboard with an ASUS PRIME Z490-P with chipset Intel Z490 (LGA 1200) and an Intel Core i5-10400 processor, 10th Gen.

Is it possible to keep my current Windows 10 Pro installation ?

I mean, will Windows 10 Pro discover the new motherboard and the new processor upgrading automatically the configuration and the system drivers ?
    May it work ?

In case you believe not:

Will I have to do a new installation of Windows 10 Pro BUT over the old one, without formatting the ssd ?

or

Will I have to format the ssd and do a new and fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro ?

Obviously the first option is the fastest, but not the best (formatting is always the best option) but I would like to do a fast and decent job, without going crazy.

Thanks in advance for your answers and hints.

:)

74lobster, Jul 10, 2020

2. Upgrading hardware in an old pc with windows 10 installed

hello From mobo with chipset LGA 1155 to a mobo LGA 1200 on Windows 10 Pro :)

1.I upgraded my old pc with the new windows 10 pro 32 bit(before this was windows 7 pro 32 bit).I am planning to change the old hardware in the pc with new (MOBO,CPU,GPU and RAM) except the HDD.Do i need to reinstall windows 10 after the upgrade?

2.How to reinstall windows 10?

*Current MOBO is Asrock ECF G31T-M79(LGA 775) planning to change to asus h81m-d(lga 1150)

kurosaki22, Jul 10, 2020
  3. cfourkays Win User
    Server Mobo OK for Desktop

Ordered this from amazon .
    In my haste, didn't realize it was a server mobo.
    Can I use it as a Desktop.
    Have compatible CPU and Ram
    Pete

ASUS DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboard P9D-C/4L

cfourkays, Jul 10, 2020
  4. CharStan Win User

Mobo Display not enabled after reset or sleep.

The latest load (as of 10/03/2017) of Windows 10 has stopped enabling my on-board Intel chipset display on my mobo.

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 64-bit.

Processor is Intel i7-3770K @3.5GHz

Mobo is ASUS P8BZ66-V LE PLUS

Chipset Intel set

32GB RAM

C Drive is 1T SSD

Need help to keep Mobo display active after reset/sleep.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Desktop and Start / PC

CharStan, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. From mobo with chipset LGA 1155 to a mobo LGA 1200 on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - mobo chipset LGA

2. Issue with MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with MOBO: Hi, my pc for some reason idk stops giving video every other startup. i mean, i turned off and back on, red light on the MOBO directing to the video, turned off and back on again and it works. Feels so odd to do this every time, i'm scared to burn some components doing...
  3. Issue with MOBO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with MOBO: Hi, my pc for some reason idk stops giving video every other startup. i mean, i turned off and back on, red light on the MOBO directing to the video, turned off and back on again and it works. Feels so odd to do this every time, i'm scared to burn some components doing...
  4. Can you uniformly crush or lower LGA pins by accident?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you uniformly crush or lower LGA pins by accident?: Can you crush LGA pins lowering them thus making the board not work? I have acouple 1150 baords that stopped working after I changed the CPU acouple times, pins are in proper alignment but not sure if they got pushed down to much. I swear LGA is the devil, they need to put...
  5. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.: Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it....
  6. Is LGA 1200 compatible with 1155 Socket?

Is LGA 1200 compatible with 1155 Socket?: I would like to know if an i3-10100 LGA 1200 is compatible with my DDR3 motherboard that has 1155 Socket. I'm not interested about the cooler, I am interested if it will fit the socket. 169747
  7. Desperately Looking for Mobo LGA 1151 that has at least HDMI 2.0a

Desperately Looking for Mobo LGA 1151 that has at least HDMI 2.0a: I need some major help, guys. I purchased a Pioneer Blu-ray player that requires a motherboard with HDMI 2.0a. I need to know if I should return it soon. I have an i7-8700k so the motherboard has to be LGA 1151 Z390. I followed the advice of some of you guys. I think I looked...
  8. Windows 10 embedded in mobo? Not NVME?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 embedded in mobo? Not NVME?: I bought a prebuilt pc and was told by said company that windows 10 is embedded in the mobo. I’m doing a rebuild and the silver on that kobo just isn’t fitting my theme, so I bought a new one. I have windows stored on my NVME that I plan on reusing for my new build. My two...
  9. overload mobo

overload mobo: I not sure what to call it as the title states. Is it possible to overload the mobo using all the USB ports on the I/0 area? I only have two ports left and need to add my printer. Mind you my keybaord and mouse are RGB and I have a Wavlink docking station that's connected but...
  10. BSODs, failing mobo?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs, failing mobo?: Hey, what's up all. Recently, over the span of 3 days, I've been experiencing multiple BSODs. First couple times the BSOD was caused by a driver, which I've removed. Despite this, I'm still getting random BSODs (I just had one 20-30 minutes ago), except this time the bug...