Windows 10: From Onedrive

Discus and support From Onedrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This might be old news to some. I just received this email from OneDrive.............. Changes to OneDrive We want to let you know about some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidhk, Apr 22, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

From Onedrive

This might be old news to some. I just received this email from OneDrive..............

Changes to OneDrive We want to let you know about some upcoming changes to OneDrive. On 7/27/2016, the amount of storage that comes with OneDrive will change from 15 GB to 5 GB. We are also discontinuing the 15 GB camera roll bonus. You can learn more at our FAQ. There is no action you need to take, because your OneDrive account is currently below the new storage limits. Even though you aren't currently affected, we want to keep you updated on all important changes to OneDrive. If you'd like to check your account, you can visit the Storage page. We realize these are big changes to a service you rely on. We want to apologize for any inconvenience they may cause you. We made a difficult decision, but it's one that will let us sustainably operate OneDrive into the future. Thank you for using OneDrive. – The OneDrive Team

:)

davidhk, Apr 22, 2016
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Office One Drive 1TB Redeem Code Used Unidentified Person

Hi,

It would be best to get in touch with your local vendor and check if another code is available for use. If there's none, you may contact our
    Microsoft Answer Desk for any account related concerns.

In addition you may check this link if you would need a customer service number in your country.

Thank you.

John Vil, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Shevoj Win User
    Microsoft Office One Drive 1TB Redeem Code Used Unidentified Person

Hello, there!

I recently purchased Microsoft Home and Student 2016 from a local store here at Malaysia. It came with an offer of 1TB One Drive cloud storage. I tried redeeming it recently but I was told it was unsuccessful because the code has already been taken by another
    user.

This is the first time I am redeeming this code and I have not given or shown it to anyone. What could be done to fix this?

Thanks!

[Moved from: OneDrive / Managing storage limits / Questions about my subscription / OneDrive in Microsoft Office / Office 365]

Shevoj, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

From Onedrive

I received the same email. I took advantage of the offer when MS first offered it. With that and my Office 365 I have more than I need. At least for now.

Winuser, Apr 22, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    *Ditto

Cliff S, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Phone Man Win User
    I also got an e-mail and get to keep my 15GB.
    Important changes to OneDrive As you know, the amount of storage that comes with most OneDrive accounts is changing from 15 GB to 5 GB. You previously confirmed your desire to keep your 15 GB of free storage (and the 15 GB camera roll bonus if you have it).* As a result, your account will not be affected by these changes. We want to apologize for any inconvenience these changes may have caused you. We listened to our users’ feedback, and we are committed to making OneDrive the best option for people who want to be productive and do more. Thank you for using OneDrive. – The OneDrive Team

Phone Man, Apr 22, 2016
  7. Wullail Win User
    Same , on all 3 of my onedrive accounts , managed to keep the 15gig photo upload bonus on 2 of them too.

It's just a shame that the 1% of the 1% abused the original system and forced this change.

*Sad

Wullail, Apr 22, 2016
  8. sml156 Win User

From Onedrive

I know what you mean, It was a sham shame Microsoft gave unlimited storage and some people actually believed them.

*Ditto I got that email to.

sml156, Apr 22, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    A few of my clients use it but for myself, being of dubiously sound mind, I uninstall/delete it, prefer local NAS drives.

Berton, Apr 22, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    In the beginning I didn't think I would use OneDrive. Now I find it very useful. I like that I can access my files from all my devices and I don't have to be home.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

From Onedrive

1. From Onedrive - Similar Threads - Onedrive

2. How do I access my OneDrive files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my OneDrive files?: I have been trying to open my files on OneDrive Windows 11 Dell, but I can't manage to open them. A pop-up message of "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" keeps appearing on the screen whenever I do. I've tried troubleshooting, updating my Windows, and...
  3. How do I access my OneDrive files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I access my OneDrive files?: I have been trying to open my files on OneDrive Windows 11 Dell, but I can't manage to open them. A pop-up message of "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" keeps appearing on the screen whenever I do. I've tried troubleshooting, updating my Windows, and...
  4. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?: When accessing the OneDrive directory on Win 11, I see additional items in Explorer with a custom OneDrive view. What APIs are needed for such implementations? Is it part of the shell extension implementation?https://ibb.co/hdHZ7Gq...
  5. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?: When accessing the OneDrive directory on Win 11, I see additional items in Explorer with a custom OneDrive view. What APIs are needed for such implementations? Is it part of the shell extension implementation?https://ibb.co/hdHZ7Gq...
  6. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

8. Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files: I purchased 1T premium account and have been using it since a year ago without issue.I cannot suddenly access to my data in either in onedrive app on my moble phone or on laptops. I have registered my company Onedrive account and my personal onedrive. Company onedrive is...
  9. Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files

Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files: I purchased 1T premium account and have been using it since a year ago without issue.I cannot suddenly access to my data in either in onedrive app on my moble phone or on laptops. I have registered my company Onedrive account and my personal onedrive. Company onedrive is...
  10. OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore

OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore: I have a subscription with Carbonite so that I can get access to files regardless of device operating system.I bought a new PC with Windows 11. Old PC is also Windows 11 When I tried to restore from Carbonite, OneDrive "moved" files and folders from the original location...