Windows 10: From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

Discus and support From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Originally I had this machine set up to go straight to the Desktop from Sleep with NO Lock Screen. One of the updates changed that last year and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wiley Coyote, Sep 27, 2018.

1. From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

Originally I had this machine set up to go straight to the Desktop from Sleep with NO Lock Screen. One of the updates changed that last year and I've been trying to figure out where to reset it. That being said, what exactly does this "Lock" setting do?

From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen [​IMG]

As always, I appreciate any comments here.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Sep 27, 2018
  2. dbzx12r Win User

Lock Screen Not Locking

Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no security. Also, when the screen times out it wont lock when a key is pressed to turn it back on, rather it just goes straight back into the desktop. I've looked through all the setting regarding the lock screen and sleep settings and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

-Cheers

dbzx12r, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Lock screen not showing after waking computer from sleep

The past couple of times that I have shaken my mouse to wake my PC from sleep, the lock screen has not appeared. It has opened straight to the desktop. I've tried everything I can think of and some of the tips on the forum, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

DaveHB0909, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

1. From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Sleep Straight Desktop

2. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  3. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  4. Trying to set lock screen slideshow without computer sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set lock screen slideshow without computer sleeping: I am running a fully up to date version of Windows 11 home version 21H2. The other day I set a slideshow to appear on the lock screen after inactivity and after a while, noticed that my computer had actually gone to sleep. I have the computer set to never sleep when plugged...
  5. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  6. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  7. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen: Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there? I've got a range of Windows...
  8. Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?: Win Ver. 1903 Is there any useful software to lock the desktop/environment without using Windows built-in lock screen? I ask because I already have bit-locker enabled for my OS drive and my mass storage drives. I enter the bit-locker key on boot up and have auto-unlock for...
  9. can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop: I have read this thread "Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password" and I am either confused by the verbage or it just doesn't work for me. My situation is a brand new Dell laptop with win 10 pro. Out of box setup forced me to enter a pin, and I assume...
  10. Boot straight to desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot straight to desktop?: HI Group, I'm wondering if anyone running build 9926 has found a way to Boot straight to desktop without any login prompts? Appreciate your help. Bob *Biggrin 3766

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 straight from sleep to desktop