Windows 10: From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

Discus and support From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Originally I had this machine set up to go straight to the Desktop from Sleep with NO Lock Screen. One of the updates changed that last year and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wiley Coyote, Sep 27, 2018.

1. From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

Originally I had this machine set up to go straight to the Desktop from Sleep with NO Lock Screen. One of the updates changed that last year and I've been trying to figure out where to reset it. That being said, what exactly does this "Lock" setting do?

From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen [​IMG]

As always, I appreciate any comments here.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Sep 27, 2018
  2. dbzx12r Win User

Lock Screen Not Locking

Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no security. Also, when the screen times out it wont lock when a key is pressed to turn it back on, rather it just goes straight back into the desktop. I've looked through all the setting regarding the lock screen and sleep settings and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

-Cheers

dbzx12r, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Lock screen not showing after waking computer from sleep

The past couple of times that I have shaken my mouse to wake my PC from sleep, the lock screen has not appeared. It has opened straight to the desktop. I've tried everything I can think of and some of the tips on the forum, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

DaveHB0909, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

1. From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Sleep Straight Desktop

2. Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?: Hello everyone, My problem is that for my laptop's desktop I use the "Background Slideshow" option to cycle through my wallpapers every hour and I would really love it if my lock-screen used the same wallpapers as my desktop in a synchronized way. I have searched...
  3. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  4. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...
  5. On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen

On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen: Every morning when I press a key to wake my computer up, I then have to click 2 more times to get off the screen the MS shows me before I can get to my desktop. I think it's called the Lock screen. But it's always some picture with a message up top that says "Like what you...
  6. Bypass lock screen after sleep

Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...
  7. System wakes up from 'sleep' mode almost straight away- #AGAIN!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System wakes up from 'sleep' mode almost straight away- #AGAIN!: I had this issue with my PC in January and went to all the trouble of a rebuild and a new motherboard. That was with Windows 8.1. However I now have this issue in Windows 10, it suddenly started a month ago. I am not moving the mouse or pressing any buttons. There is a 2-3...
  8. no sleep option in lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    no sleep option in lock screen: sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can...
  9. Boot straight to desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot straight to desktop?: HI Group, I'm wondering if anyone running build 9926 has found a way to Boot straight to desktop without any login prompts? Appreciate your help. Bob *Biggrin 3766
  10. Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!: I notice that the tablet/phone lock screen is still appearing for Desktop/Laptop installs and wonder why. Previously when I enable turning off the lock screen in gpedit.msc it turns off the lock screen timeout too. But on the latest build I still get a much sooner...