Windows 10: From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout...

Discus and support From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On 3/2/2021 my laptop - a Dell Inspiron 13-7378 got a Dell's update that updated the BIOS, then the WIndows update version 20H2. Since then when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tai Phan, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Tai Phan Win User

From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout...

On 3/2/2021 my laptop - a Dell Inspiron 13-7378 got a Dell's update that updated the BIOS, then the WIndows update version 20H2. Since then when running Realterm, the program for serial communications, I got the error from Realterm "The semaphore timeout period has expired" and if I clicked OK to continue running Realterm, I got the error "ie_NOpen - device not open."

Please help me to fix it as I can't switch to another program.

:)

Tai Phan, Mar 4, 2021

2. The semaphore timeout period has expired

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005):
    The semaphore timeout period has expired

we have the above error in SQL 2017. Please help me to find a solution.

KetanRajput, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Semaphore timeout

My brother gave me his 2TB portable HDD to give him a whole bunch of files, but the files wouldn't copy. So I ran the basic windows format tool and the repair tool windows offers to fix erros and it simply refused to format or fix the drive. So I got a stronger tool, namely KillDisk to try and force the format. But it won't work and gives me the error, "The semaphore timeout period has expired" and "Cannot write to sectors from XXXXX to XXXXX." (On the same line)

I tried looking on google to no avail. I assume the HDD is dead/dying, my brother isn't the most gentle person when it comes to technology. But if there is a fix I'd appreciate it.

Aceman.au, Mar 4, 2021
  4. sunny203 Win User

From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout...

semaphore timeout period has expired

So I had an issue with this external HDD a few days ago. It simply was not showing up and I still have no idea how it fixed. That thread is here:
    External HDD not Initializing, Not in , Need Recovery! - Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Now the same drive is doing something a little different.

From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout... [​IMG]

I'd backed up a large portion of my files and when I went to back up the rest I started getting this error.

Unlike before the HDD is showing up. I'm guessing it has something to do with my partitions.
    When I bring up partition wizard I don't see the HDD there:

From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout... [​IMG]

Unless I'm missing something....which I very likely am.

Here what my Disk Management looks like

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, and thanks!

sunny203, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. From the recent update version 20H2, running Realterm generates "The semaphore timeout... - Similar Threads - recent update version

2. I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2: How do I rid of that on the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-update-version-from-1909-to-20h2/390ebbc6-b7d1-40e2-aafa-81b4d4c97b23
  3. I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2: How do I rid of that on the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-update-version-from-1909-to-20h2/390ebbc6-b7d1-40e2-aafa-81b4d4c97b23
  4. I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2: Hi there, I have been experiencing problems with Windows 10 update for a few months ever since I have updated to version 20H2. Basically, when I go to Windows Update I will see the following Error Message: [ATTACH] When I click on Retry, I will see the following for a...
  6. Macrium Reflect Clone - The semaphore timeout period has expired

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Clone - The semaphore timeout period has expired: Hi there, I was using Macrium Reflect to clone my boot disk to a USB attached SSD. The SSD was originally formatted as a Windows 7 boot disk out of my laptop. When I setup the clone, I had Macrium delete the three partitions on the SSD. About 10 minutes into the operation,...
  7. Error Code 0x80070079 The semaphore timeout period has expired.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070079 The semaphore timeout period has expired.: I have saved my design files to an 4tb with no problem until today. Error code 0x80070079. The semaphore timeout period has expired. HELP...
  8. Backup Error 0x81000039 semaphore timeout period has expired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Error 0x81000039 semaphore timeout period has expired: Hi i was backing up my desktop 1 TB Internal to a Portable External 2TB HDD and i got this error ~ Windows encountered an error when accessing the remote shared folder The Semaphore timeout period has expired error code 0x81000039 Can anyone assist please simple step...
  9. semaphore timeout period has expired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    semaphore timeout period has expired: So I had an issue with this external HDD a few days ago. It simply was not showing up and I still have no idea how it fixed. That thread is here: External HDD not Initializing, Not in , Need Recovery! - Solved - Windows 10 Forums Now the same drive is doing something a...
  10. semaphore timeout period has expired

in Windows 10 Support
    semaphore timeout period has expired: hello again... dang this thing is a pain!! new issue today, trying to save a tiny .rtf file to external USB drive, and get "semaphore timeout period has expired" message and have to save to local drive instead. also get the message if i drag and drop into the desired...