Windows 10: From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data?

Discus and support From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Overall, I really like the Microsoft Weather App on Windows 10. It provides a wealth of information. However, I would also suggest that The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JackPlatt, Jun 28, 2020.

1. JackPlatt Win User

From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data?

Hello,

Overall, I really like the Microsoft Weather App on Windows 10. It provides a wealth of information. However, I would also suggest that The Weather Channel's data @ http://weather.com is more accurate, especially in severe weather situations. As a special bonus question, do you think Microsoft customers will see precipitation and snow accumulation added to the Weather App? This has been requested in Windows 10's Feedback Hub.

Regards,

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Microsoft Weather App Forecast

Hi Holly,

To address this concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Weather on your computer to refresh the app and to get the latest update. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Search, type powershell, and open
      PowerShell
      as Administrator.
    • Enter the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    To reinstall it, just go to Store and search for Microsoft Weather.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Favorites option issue in Microsoft Weather app.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to add
    Orlando Florida as favorites in Microsoft Weather app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the PC, prior to this issue?
    • What is the Microsoft Weather app version installed on the PC?

Meanwhile we would suggest you to reset the app and then try adding Orlando Florida as favorites in Microsoft Weather app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for Weather app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch the app and check.

If the issue still persists, then refer the steps as suggested in this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 28, 2020
  4. From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data?

Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data?

1. From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data? - Similar Threads - Where Does Microsoft

2. Is there a way to change where clipchamp stores its data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change where clipchamp stores its data?: Clip champ takes up a ton of space and thats not an issue, I just want it off my C drive and somewhere else. I am tired of constantly having to clear the data to keep using it....
  3. Is there a way to change where clipchamp stores its data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change where clipchamp stores its data?: Clip champ takes up a ton of space and thats not an issue, I just want it off my C drive and somewhere else. I am tired of constantly having to clear the data to keep using it....
  4. Where does the "Your Phone" app get its contact pictures?

Where does the "Your Phone" app get its contact pictures?: I do not recognize the pictures the Your Phone app is using when looking at the list of Messages. They are not the pictures I am using on my phone. And I can not figure out where it is getting those or how to change them?...
  5. Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut?: Title. submitted by /u/VIRGILVANGOAT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzn47p/is_it_possible_to_get_the_default_microsoft/
  6. msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from?

in Windows 10 Support
    msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from?: I installed Surfshark VPN and after that had some crazy info in start-up , but only when I use system information, so i made a copy of the sytem information and searched and found: <Category name="Start-up Programs"> <Data> <Program><![CDATA[]]></Program>...
  7. Improper Weather reporting from Weather App

Improper Weather reporting from Weather App: To Microsoft, My name is Charles. I have been using Microsoft weather app for at least 2 years now. Since then, I see irregular patterns of reporting the proper weather to the public in my area of Queens County, NY. I believe there are some errors in computer-generated...
  8. Microsoft Weather App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Weather App: I was using MS Weather app and clicked on Windows Color Settings. Is this an error or is it supposed to do this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-weather-app/63b9347a-a6e3-4d04-8778-79df8df1c28a
  9. MSN Weather app from Microsoft Store does not work properly.

MSN Weather app from Microsoft Store does not work properly.: The MSN Weather app from MS Store doesn't work when in the Forecast Menu. The other sections do work. I've reset/repaired this app several times and also downloaded/reinstalled several times, including running sfc/scannow, CleanHealth/RestoreHealth, etc. It used to work on...
  10. Where does W10 store its peope app data?

Where does W10 store its peope app data?: I would like to be able to backup the Windows 10 version 1909 People app data by copying it to an external HDD and then restore it when needed. To do that I think i need to know where that data is located. Thank you. 145380