Windows 10: From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft

Discus and support From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have been using windows since my first pc ever , its maybe the best operation system ever , since it allow you to do everything that operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by imadlaggoune, Jun 28, 2019.

1. From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft

i have been using windows since my first pc ever , its maybe the best operation system ever ,

since it allow you to do everything that operation system do in easy way.

i have started from windows xp , well knowen as its a very good windows , but back that time slow stuff is normal things.

i didnt have anyproblem with it since that.

after 2-3 year of using windows xp i upgrade to windows 7.

windows 7 is one of the best , or its the best windows ever, stable , fast , smooth and productive .

i use it for 5 years without any , any problems at all.

the UI is good

smooth running even in low space pc and well well good.

i give it 10/10.

when windows 8.1 come out

i was thinking that microsoft is amazying

making windows 7 that good

maybe windows 8.1 can be batter

so i did , i upgraded to windows 8.1 and i find some problems witch is unable to run windows softwares like photos that come with windows 8.1

the new ui that was slow

and sometimes broken

but it was good as well , not broken like windows 10.

and now lets talk about windows 10

i thoght that windows 10 going to be the best new thing

i upgrade to it as soon as it come out

and what a joke

its the most broken windows ever

from the UI that doesnt work at all

to cant open any softwares

to some broken files , broken softwares , slow , mouse lagging

most of the softwares i used back then broke out , i had to reinstall windows 10 to get them back

and still has the errors of broken ui and softwares

slow as hell.

after 5 month of using it i go back to windows 7,

cuz windows 10 was really bad.

i upgraded my space. so i can work faster with CGI

after windows 10 1803 come out

i upgraded to windows 10 again ,

cuz of .net and direct x

i find out that microsoft fixed most of windows problems

so i worked with it and upgraded to windows 1809 to work with new DXR stuff

and i also didnt have any problem at all.

and now i upgraded to may 2019 update

and what a joke , windows 10 now is too broken

crotana is back after i disable it , and i didnt find the option to disable it again

cuz microsoft force you to use it.

so i go to and disable it using 3thd party softwares

and windows start up menu sucks , its too slow then ever , with delay of 5sec when press the windows button,

and when click at windows button using mouse it takes forever

the new search UI is dumb , too large that you cant see your work ,

and ofc it must force you to see BING

i love google and i will never ever use BING at anything

and also microsft edge , its just a browser that is builded on google source ,

haha what a joke , like microsoft wasnt able to create a better browser so why not use google source chrome to build browser that no one will ever use.

the feadback system sucks alot that you give feadback and you will never know if microsoft look at it or just select all delete -_-

i hate you microsoft , its sad that you are the owner of windows op

if you are not ,

at least some other compony that knows what people want can take care of it.

and next time higher someone who tests your updates , and dont make crotana and microsoft edge part of windows core ,

cuz i will disable them

what ever you do i wont use them at ALL!!!

and can you add generale in * **** under this

idk what to select for this kind of posts -_-

:)

imadlaggoune, Jun 28, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft

1. From Windows 7 to Windows 10 history!! windows has been brokened by microsoft - Similar Threads - history has been

2. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade has broken File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade has broken File History: I have updated my Windows 10 DIY desktop that had File History set up to back up my data onto my DIY NAS.Now I get all sorts of errors:1. cleanup fails with "File History Cleanup - Could not clean up - File History data Element not found."2. event log contains errors such as...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade has broken File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade has broken File History: I have updated my Windows 10 DIY desktop that had File History set up to back up my data onto my DIY NAS.Now I get all sorts of errors:1. cleanup fails with "File History Cleanup - Could not clean up - File History data Element not found."2. event log contains errors such as...
  5. My Microsoft Store Account Download History For Windows 10 has been Wiped

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store Account Download History For Windows 10 has been Wiped: All of my previously purchased and downloaded content has dissapeared! I have tried everything to restore it. I have reset the Microsoft Store, uninstalled and redownloaded the Microsoft Store app, reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch deleting all partitions and auto created a...
  6. My laptop has been broken by latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop has been broken by latest windows 10 update: My laptop did the latest update last week and while typing an essay for Uni crashed and stopped working. My laptop has been wiped of everything ? My question is can i claim off microsoft as i know need a new laptop?...
  7. Windows has been broken - I’m not able to reinstall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has been broken - I’m not able to reinstall it: Hello guys! I have a big problem. My OS Windows 10 now it is broken. So I opened the Windows in Safe Mode I created a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus program and I tried to reinstall the Windows. But there are the big problem! I am not able to do that! I formatted the...
  8. Broken Links in Windows 10 Update History

Broken Links in Windows 10 Update History: I suspect this is 'known but unfixed' but I'll try to get a reply. I like to konw what's happening to my PC, so after Windows Update says I need 4 driver updates, I install the updates and then go back to "View Update History", if I click on *ANY* of the links I get...
  9. Has Max_path limit been fixed in Windows 10 File History?

Has Max_path limit been fixed in Windows 10 File History?: Or is there a way to set the max_path variable to a longer path name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-maxpath-limit-been-fixed-in-windows-10-file/5207f33d-471f-466f-9f0f-338ca342c6c5
  10. How to tell if a PC has been 'upgraded' from 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10

How to tell if a PC has been 'upgraded' from 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10: Have a new laptop that has Win 10 Home pre-installed...no recover disk was supplied. Is there a way to see if this laptop is a clean/fresh factory install of Windows 10 Home....or was upgraded at the factory from a Win 7 and/or Win 8.1 ? It was sold as a Windows 10 Home...