Windows 10: from work offline to work online -- sync error

Discus and support from work offline to work online -- sync error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I was running out of space on my hard drive so I moved all my files to the company cloud, made those files I use more often "available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by katsonline, Jul 4, 2019.

1. from work offline to work online -- sync error

Hi all,

I was running out of space on my hard drive so I moved all my files to the company cloud, made those files I use more often "available offline", and created direct links to those folders on my desktop to work directly from the cloud.

The idea was to have all files available "location free", reduce the space used in my hard drive, and at the same time being able to work offline from my computer if need be.

The problem was that, when connected to internet, the system was constantly syncing, slowing down any action (minor changes in .csv files or renaming a file would take 10-15 sec). I tried setting a syncing schedule but that wouldn't work. The last thing I tried was setting the folder to "work offline" from the "home" tab -> "Easy access" scroll down.

It seemed to work but once I was done working, when I tried to set it back to work online (click again in "home>easy access>work offline") so it will sync all files, the options "sync" or "work offline" were not available. I've tried to sync it manually from the "sync center" but is giving me an error.

How can I set it back to work online or sync the files again?

Thanks

PS: Sorry if cross posting

:)

katsonline, Jul 4, 2019
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Issues related to working offline in Windows 10

I have a problem with the '' work offline '' option.

Recently I was searching about a problem on may computer and it was because of the '' work offline ''.

i found a solution and many of people says that it really work, but i could not find the option '' FILE '' on my internet explorer. So i found another solution and it was this (The first step, a user is required to
    do for syncing the folders over the network is ‘Enable’ the offline files. For this, press Win+X in combination, chose ‘Control Panel’ from the list of options, type ‘Sync Center’ in the search field and hit ‘Enter’.

Thereafter, click the ‘Manage offline files’ link highlighted in blue in the left column of your computer screen.

Once done, you will see an Offline Files window popping up on your screen. You are switched to ‘General’ tab by default. Here, check if the offline files are enabled
    or not. If not, click Enable Offline Files and click on OK.) . But when i go to this step (click the ‘Manage offline files’ link highlighted in blue in the
    left column of your computer screen.) . It's supposed to happen this ( you will see an Offline Files window popping up on your screen)

but nothing happens at all . I don't know what to do with it. And i need a solution please. I need to acess to that part to continue fixing the problem.

Thanks.

Original title: work offline problem

giuseppe cavallo, Jul 4, 2019
  4. from work offline to work online -- sync error

G-Sync is Dead. VESA Adds Adaptive-Sync to DisplayPort Standard

We shall see.. there are a lot of steps involved to actually get adoption.. In the meantime G-Sync works today

Hitman_Actual, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

from work offline to work online -- sync error

1. from work offline to work online -- sync error - Similar Threads - offline online sync

2. How I can switch from working offline to working online in outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can switch from working offline to working online in outlook?: How I can switch from working offline to working online in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-switch-from-working-offline-to-working/203ba59f-da51-47e0-8f9c-a92f36e6b765
  3. How I can switch from working offline to working online in outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can switch from working offline to working online in outlook?: How I can switch from working offline to working online in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-switch-from-working-offline-to-working/203ba59f-da51-47e0-8f9c-a92f36e6b765
  4. microphone not working online

microphone not working online: My laptop mic is working fine in offline applications like voice recording or obs video recording but when it comes to browsers or video games online it doesnt work it shows open but no sound any help pls I would be thankful...
  5. Minecraft online not working?

Minecraft online not working?: Whenever i try to play online in Minecraft, it says due to settings i can't play online, does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-online-not-working/4585b109-e80d-4c4f-933a-c713ed77eec9
  6. Working offline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Working offline: New Windows 10 laptop. Trying to set up email. no success. Help recommended making sure the "working offline" was not selected. I cannot find the "working offline" button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-offline/45acfaa4-606c-43d2-818e-12af89285e6b
  7. search online is not working in Autorun from sysinternal

search online is not working in Autorun from sysinternal: Dear all, I have downloaded the sysintenral suite from Microsoft website to test Autoruns application. Some applications are non-familiar to me. I have tried the search online application, but it is not working even for well-known app like adobe. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Syncing not working

Syncing not working: I am getting an error message when I am trying to sync across Microsoft Surface Pro devices for Microsoft Edge, using Microsoft Windows 10, and the sync with Edge is not working. It says go to Sync Settings. I go there, and it says: "Sync is not available for your account....
  9. Offline files not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline files not syncing: I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?...
  10. work offline / work online button with network location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    work offline / work online button with network location: I have a network drive, which I set up to save a copy of a folder for offline use using the instructions here: Working with network files when you are offline - Windows Help I am not able to find any option for setting the drive to work online or work offline. I did...