Windows 10: Fronk's maintenance script

Discus and support Fronk's maintenance script in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Id like to share a script Ive made/ assembled as a thank you for being able to view and use this forum and 7 forum previously. Im not entirely shore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fronk, May 14, 2016.

1. Fronk Win User

Fronk's maintenance script

Id like to share a script Ive made/ assembled as a thank you for being able to view and use this forum and 7 forum previously.
    Im not entirely shore how to post it but here goes-LoL.*Cool
    copy the .txt below and change to to .bat extension on you desktop or root.(script is below *****)

Code: @echo off color 0a cls Title PC CLEANER 1 echo ======================================================== echo off echo = This program will help you clean your PC on CFronk's maintenance script :Drive = echo = To escape at any time press ctrl+c then y for yes = echo off echo ======================================================== echo 1. Uninstall Programs.(windows unistaller) echo 2. Clean up unnecessary files to create more drive Space.(Windows Clean manager) echo 3. Tools(Remove StartUp Programs),(Msconfig),(boot),(Tools),(System configuration),(defrag),(Trim),(computer management).etc echo[ echo 4. Scan for viruses and errors.(System file checker) echo 5. Check for and repair bad sectors on Disk. (Checkdisk) echo 6. Repair network connections(Release/Renew DHCP leases,Flush ARP cache,Purge NBT cache)This may need to be run twice if it fails. echo[ echo 7. Reset ip and flush DNS, you may need to reset connection to router from pc after using this. echo 8. Just test my Internet. echo[ echo Press One of the numbers above and then hit enter. echo ====================================== echo Items 4-7, need to be run as "ADMIN" echo ====================================== echo[ echo note// Check disk or Scandisk will not start unless you, "Run file as administrator". echo. set /p "cho=>" if %cho%==1 goto 1A if %cho%==2 goto 2A if %cho%==3 goto 3A if %cho%==4 goto 4A if %cho%==5 goto 5A if %cho%==6 goto 6A if %cho%==7 goto 7A if %cho%==8 goto 8A :1A appwiz.cpl goto end :2A cleanmgr goto end :3A msconfig goto end :4A sfc /scannow goto end :5A chkdsk C: /F/I/C/R goto end :6A @echo off echo %time%: Beginning network repair process. :: BEGIN Callout A REM echo %time%: Releasing DHCP lease(s)... REM ipconfig /release > NUL :: END Callout A echo %time%: Renewing DHCP lease(s)... ipconfig /renew > NUL echo %time%: Flushing ARP cache... arp -d * > NUL :: BEGIN Callout B echo %time%: Purging NBT remote cache table.... nbtstat -R | find /i "failed" 1>&2 echo %time%: Releasing and refreshing registered NBT names... nbtstat -RR | find /i "failed" 1>&2 :: END Callout B echo %time%: Flushing DNS cache... ipconfig /flushdns > NUL echo %time%: Registering with DNS... ipconfig /registerdns > NUL echo %time%: Network repair process done. Pause goto end :7A echo This will reset IP and flush DNS netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt netsh winsock reset ipconfig /flushdns Pause goto end :8A Rem: Easy way for anyone to see if a computer is on the network/internet and even do some basic troubleshooting. Rem:It assumes that you are on a LAN, with a router at ip of 192.168.1.1 If not then extract the info from an ipconfig and change it , like it is, it will work and should be good to go normally. Rem: Here is the basic rundown on what it does Rem:
    • Trys to ping Google with 1 packet, if it succeeds it ends with a success message.
    • If it fails, it will try 3 more packets, if that succeeds, it will finish but warn it detected packet loss.
    • If it still fails, it will try by IP address to test DNS, if this succeeds it will tell you that it had DNS issues.
    • If it still fails it will try to ping 192.168.1.1 and if it succeeds will tell you it can reach the router but not internet.
    • If the ping to 192.168.1.1 fails, it will tell you the network is down.
    @echo off ECHO Checking connection, please wait... PING -n 1 www.google.com|find "Reply from " >NUL IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :SUCCESS IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :TRYAGAIN :TRYAGAIN ECHO FAILURE! ECHO Let me try a bit more, please wait... @echo off PING -n 3 www.google.com|find "Reply from " >NUL IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :SUCCESS2 IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :TRYIP :TRYIP ECHO FAILURE! ECHO Checking DNS... ECHO Lets try by IP address... @echo off ping -n 1 216.239.37.99|find "Reply from " >NUL IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :SUCCESSDNS IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :TRYROUTER :TRYROUTER ECHO FAILURE! ECHO Lets try pinging the router.... ping -n 2 192.168.1.1|find "Reply from " >NUL IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :ROUTERSUCCESS IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :NETDOWN :ROUTERSUCCESS ECHO It appears that you can reach the router, but internet is unreachable. goto :FAILURE :NETDOWN ECHO FAILURE! ECHO It appears that you having network issues, the router cannot be reached. goto :FAILURE :SUCCESSDNS ECHO It appears that you are having DNS issues. goto :FAILURE :SUCCESS ECHO You have an active Internet connection pause goto :END :SUCCESS2 ECHO You have an active internet connection but some packet loss was detected. pause goto :END :FAILURE ECHO You do not have an active Internet connection pause Cls exit[/quote]
    Cheers .
    P.S use at your own risk no warranty expreesed or implied.

:)

Fronk, May 14, 2016

2. Problem with the creation of automatic restore point in win 10 after upgrading to the latest build version 1511

Based on my observation, in Windows 10 (and also may be in Windows 8) System Restore point is no longer created automatically on daily basis. There is a built-in scheduler task "SystemRestore" which you can see in Task Scheduler.. but it's run by Automatic
    Maintenance. And Automatic Maintenance tasks are run only if the system is idle.. The moment you start using the system, Automatic Maintenance stops.

That means, no System Restore and no scheduled Windows Defender scan etc.. if you don't allocate some idle time. To configure Automatic Maintenance options, open Control Panel > Security and Maintenance > Change maintenance settings.

<excerpt>

Windows Automatic Maintenance minimizes impact to the PC by scheduling maintenance only when the PC is on and idle. By default, the system performs maintenance daily, starting at 3 AM. (Note that the user may re-schedule when
    the maintenance occurs.) This daily session is limited to a maximum duration of 1 hour per attempt. If the user is actively using the machine, the system defers maintenance until a later time. The system also suspends any executing maintenance task if the
    user returns to the PC.

</excerpt>

Source:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/jj835985(v=vs.85).aspx

To create a daily restore point automatically, you may use the script here: How To Create System Restore Points Using
    Script Or Command-Line?
    . You may create a shortcut to that script and Pin to Start or Taskbar.

(Note: To run the script as a scheduled task, it needs to be modified a little bit. If you want me do that, let me know.)

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 14, 2016
  3. cmcken1 Win User
    Memory Full.N97

It may be anything that is running in the background- not necessarily an application but rather part of the OS that is used may run certain script files at random intervals for maintenance along with application updater check tools, GPS location scripts,
    network location scripts and so forth. It's not just going to remain solid as that is the C drive so-to-speak and, the OS resides on that and it fluctuates. FYI

cmcken1, May 14, 2016
  4. Fronk Win User

Cheers .
    P.S use at your own risk no warranty expreesed or implied.[/quote] Hey looks like Brink edited this for me(code box..? who knew.... LOL)- ch,ch cheers Brink

Fronk, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Fronk's maintenance script - Similar Threads - Fronk's maintenance script

2. Maintenance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maintenance: Why does the maintenance in progress flag stay on forever, it seems. how long should it take to complete the process? i am running Windows 8.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maintenance/f6b0edf7-364a-45fe-a383-4ba9cbd06807
  3. Maintenance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maintenance: Why does the maintenance in progress flag stay on forever, it seems. how long should it take to complete the process? i am running Windows 8.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maintenance/f6b0edf7-364a-45fe-a383-4ba9cbd06807
  4. Scheduled Maintenance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Maintenance: Do I have to start and enable scheduled maintenance to let old files in winsxs folder removed after 30 days automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-maintenance/48929010-137f-4213-83a8-8db3afa18d6c
  5. Maintenance and updates !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maintenance and updates !: At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart...
  6. System Maintenance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Maintenance: Is it OK to uninstall older versions of Visual C++ in the control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-maintenance/d6ecd647-87f5-47ac-b9e6-966c0c3e4581
  7. Maintenance

Maintenance: Automatic Maintenance is up to ETA 160 +. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maintenance/bed72cf4-9661-46d5-b3e9-b638eee618a1
  8. Script maintenance, performance, command prompt optimization

Script maintenance, performance, command prompt optimization: Hi, Dear Sir, please be sure to give me a script for maintenance, optimization, prompt order performance. I mention that I installed the Windows 10 Home operating system version 1809. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  9. Script Maintenance Windows 10 Home Operating System

Script Maintenance Windows 10 Home Operating System: Good morning, Dear Sir, please give me a script that contains Windows 10 Home maintenance. Thank you! Wait for response! A wonderful day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-maintenance-windows-10-home-operating/2d78fa60-f236-4cf2-9216-978f2db977cb
  10. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38