Windows 10: front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input

Discus and support front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey, so ive just about lost the plot today with msi and there terrible software and incorrect drivers for the chipsets/ right so i when following the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by benjiigough, Jun 6, 2020.

1. front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input

hey,

so ive just about lost the plot today with msi and there terrible software and incorrect drivers for the chipsets/

right so i when following the set guide installing msi drivers for my device i got no mic from any of my headphone well other than the once that don't rely on a 3.5 bluetooth works fine

so i followed quite literally all guides online about this subject/ today i realised that my headphones where being recognised as a speaker not headphones or headset

quick search said use realtek console to fix

realtek console didn't load due to being incompatible with the drivers msi had provided after hour or to checking all other issue is could have possibly been
    so now ive uninstalled all MSI Realtek audio drivers and my headphones are being recognised as headphones woooww STILL NO MIC

headphones in question are in ear headphones I have a pair of AKG earphones with mic

and skull candys with mic

please help me before i give up ever building a pc again yeah I know over dramatic over a headphone jack

:)

benjiigough, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Palaven Win User

Want to Enable Built-In Mic With Headset Connected (Combo Jack)

Ok, I fixed the problem. For anyone reading this in the future let me describe the fix in more detail.

(1) Thank you for the reply. I had already tried those steps. The issue was that the same microphone would appear, whether or not my headset was plugged in, and would always be enabled. There was also no microphone that ever appeared as disabled.

(2) The problem, as is turns out, was that my Sound manager was combining my built-in mic and my headset mic into one icon that I could enable or disable. To fix this, open the Realtek HD Audio Manager. In the upper-right hand corner there is a button
    "Device advanced settings." There are two options: (a) "Tie up the same type of input jacks, i.e., line-in microphone, as an input device." and (b) "Separate all input jacks as independent devices."
    You need to change the option to the second one, separate all input jacks.

(3) Once this option has been changed, you can follow the steps laid out in the response. Now two microphones will show in the Audio Devices, and you enable the one you want and disable the other one.

Palaven, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB
    connected headset.

Changing various settings tone the Manage Audio Devices does not seem to resolve the issue. I have tried disabling all the other devices and setting the required devices to be default, rebooting, checking for driver updates, but none of these have resolved
    the issue.

Thanks if you can help.

Mike.

MikeJennings3, Jun 6, 2020
  4. front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input

Mic input - setup

Attempting to input a keyboard via the mic jack. computer knows uit is connected, keyboard is working; but no audio.

- Voice recorder wants the mic setup in settings. but software will not start the wizard.

What's wrong???

harry

harry Whitehorne, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input

1. front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input - Similar Threads - front Jack enableing

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  6. front audio and mic jack is not wroking why plz answer

front audio and mic jack is not wroking why plz answer: front audio and mic jack is not wroking why plz answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-and-mic-jack-is-not-wroking-why-plz/c793cbe3-d858-4c87-97c7-8fd468af3cc4
  7. Sony Headphones/Mic 3.5m jack input help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sony Headphones/Mic 3.5m jack input help: Si I have a pair of Sony ear phones that have a mic on them the sort you would use for a phone. I used to use them on my old laptop for gaming and use them currently on my work computer for Teams meetings etc... on these two systems, the microphone is great. Never had any...
  8. Front Panel Jack not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  9. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell: I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB connected headset....
  10. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8