Windows 10: Front Camera Driver

Discus and support Front Camera Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was a Surface Book 2 and Windows had stopped working. I was planning on uninstalling MICROSOFT IR CAMERA FRONT for a solution I was trying and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarimM000, Sep 29, 2019.

1. KarimM000 Win User

Front Camera Driver

I was a Surface Book 2 and Windows had stopped working. I was planning on uninstalling MICROSOFT IR CAMERA FRONT for a solution I was trying and instead uninstalled the front camera. How can I reinstall the driver for the front cam.

:)

KarimM000, Sep 29, 2019

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Missing Camera Driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of any third party application or malware made changes to the Camera driver.

However, you can follow the steps from
    Windows can't find or start the camera

If you are unable to open Camera after following the above-mentioned steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you using an external Camera or an in-built Camera?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 29, 2019
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Front Camera Driver

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Front Camera Driver

1. Front Camera Driver - Similar Threads - Front Camera Driver

2. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front camera is not working: front camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-is-not-working/929b20cc-f30c-4473-aa64-13825ed11b08
  3. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front camera is not working: front camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-is-not-working/929b20cc-f30c-4473-aa64-13825ed11b08
  4. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Front Camera Fuzzy

Front Camera Fuzzy: My built in front camer on my Asus x409 is fuzzy. I've tried all the troubleshooting but no joy. I've got office 2019 Home Student. I need this camera for Zoom meetings this week. Please help...
  6. Front Camera Fuzzy

Front Camera Fuzzy: My built in front camer on my Asus x409 is fuzzy. I've tried all the troubleshooting but no joy. I've got office 2019 Home Student. I need this camera for Zoom meetings this week. Please help...
  7. Webcam front camera is not working.

Webcam front camera is not working.: Hello everyone I have the windows 10 for Nextbook 10.1 and I cannot access webcam front camera for videocall online. I can't switch the camera to front view. How can I fix this???...
  8. front camera not workin

front camera not workin: can someone help me fix my front camera/web cam, I can see and hear other people but they cannot see me because my front camera does not come on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-not-workin/6e043ae6-1a25-4811-b026-b5f35ae2ac71
  9. Front camera not detected by apps

Front camera not detected by apps: I have a surface pro 4 and Windows 10. My front camera is no longer detected by the camera app or by any of the other webcam using apps Zoom, Messenger, etc. It is not a hardware issue since it still does facial recognition with red light turned on when starting the laptop....
  10. Front camera working but main (rear) camera is not

Front camera working but main (rear) camera is not: I updated to the latest drivers for Intel AVStream Camera on my tablet / laptop. After the update, only the front camera works now. Hope someone can help solve this problem. Thanks, Vic 36840