Windows 10: Front camera not detected by apps

Discus and support Front camera not detected by apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 4 and Windows 10. My front camera is no longer detected by the camera app or by any of the other webcam using apps Zoom,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChantalAll Mail, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Front camera not detected by apps

I have a surface pro 4 and Windows 10. My front camera is no longer detected by the camera app or by any of the other webcam using apps Zoom, Messenger, etc. It is not a hardware issue since it still does facial recognition with red light turned on when starting the laptop. The back camera still works and is the only option that shows when turning the camera app and the other apps on. I have tried back updating and back rolling the driver to no avail. Help?

:)

ChantalAll Mail, Mar 23, 2020
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Mar 23, 2020
  4. KatrineCY Win User

Front camera not detected by apps

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Front camera not detected by apps

1. Front camera not detected by apps - Similar Threads - Front camera detected

2. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front camera is not working: front camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-is-not-working/929b20cc-f30c-4473-aa64-13825ed11b08
  3. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front camera is not working: front camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-is-not-working/929b20cc-f30c-4473-aa64-13825ed11b08
  4. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Front audio ports not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front audio ports not detected: The front audio ports on my case stopped working, I have tried all the recommended fixes, update drivers, reinstall realtek audio manager etc, I have looked at the connection and everything seems fine, it just doesn't recognize the jacks. I have tried different headphones...
  6. Front Camera Fuzzy

Front Camera Fuzzy: My built in front camer on my Asus x409 is fuzzy. I've tried all the troubleshooting but no joy. I've got office 2019 Home Student. I need this camera for Zoom meetings this week. Please help...
  7. Front Camera Fuzzy

Front Camera Fuzzy: My built in front camer on my Asus x409 is fuzzy. I've tried all the troubleshooting but no joy. I've got office 2019 Home Student. I need this camera for Zoom meetings this week. Please help...
  8. front camera not workin

front camera not workin: can someone help me fix my front camera/web cam, I can see and hear other people but they cannot see me because my front camera does not come on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-not-workin/6e043ae6-1a25-4811-b026-b5f35ae2ac71
  9. Front Camera Driver

Front Camera Driver: I was a Surface Book 2 and Windows had stopped working. I was planning on uninstalling MICROSOFT IR CAMERA FRONT for a solution I was trying and instead uninstalled the front camera. How can I reinstall the driver for the front cam....
  10. Camera App Windows 10 starts default with front-facing camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App Windows 10 starts default with front-facing camera: Hi all, the Camera App on my Windows 10 somehow starts directly with the front-facing camera. I'm using a surface pro 4. I remember, it used to start with the main camera as default. Is there anyway to configure it to start with the main camera. I couldn't figure it out...