Windows 10: Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement

Discus and support Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have this question today, I want to replace the 4 1/2" fan in front of my case, the original one is making a bit of noise at startup. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windowz123, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement

Hi I have this question today, I want to replace the 4 1/2" fan in front of my case, the original one is making a bit of noise at startup.

The original fan is a Coolermaster 12v 0.16 amps and it's connected through molex power directly, it has no control but it's a very quiet fan.

The replacement fan I have here is a Coolermaster also, 12v but that one is .37 amps, and when I connect it through Molex, it like a airplane propeller, it's very noisy and way too strong for nothing.

This is it here:

Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement QonVOaA.jpg

So I was told these fans can be connected into the mother directly to control their speed and.. in hope of getting much lower RPM just like my 0.16 amps.. to get a quiet computer. But the wire itself is simply too short to reach any of the CPU_Fan connectors.. and it's not even the same type of connector. Those on the motherboard are 4 pins and my coolermaster fan is a 3 pins connector.

My CPU is connected on #2 CPU_fan (Left) and logically the front case fan would go on #2 (right).. or #2 Fan 1 bellow the CPU. Do you use some kind of converter, it needs an extension cord too. What should I do to have a success with this.

Thanks

Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement T1QRRTJ.png

:)

windowz123, Mar 26, 2020
  2. worf105 Win User

Replacement Chassis Fans

Time to replace my Corsair AF140 case fans and looking for you input guys

My current fan setup is as follows: (1 or 2 current fans beginning to fail)

• Front: 2 x Corsair AF140 White LED fans (Intake)
    • Top (Rad): 2 x NZXT 140mm Aer P radiator-optimized fan (Push Exhaust)
    • Back: 1 x Corsair AF140 fan (Exhaust)
    • Bottom: 1 x Corsair SP120 Fan (Intake)

My proposed fan setup: (Budget constraints)

• Front: 2 x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (Intake)
    • Top (Rad): 2 x NZXT 140mm Aer P radiator-optimized fan (Push Exhaust)
    • Back: 1 x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (Exhaust)
    • Bottom: 1 x Corsair SP120 Fan (Intake)

Recommended by Noctua:

Email support recommendation after asking them for advice:

Dear Andrew.

first of all many thanks for your interest and your inquiry at Noctua.

The best possible Airflow for your case looks as follows:

• Front: 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Top (Rad): 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Back: 1x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Bottom: 2x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black swap.
    This configuration would give you the best possible airflow, but it's neither cost-effective nor quiet.

Here's my recommended configuration.

• Front: 2x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Top (Rad): 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap in push mode.
    • Rear: None
    • Bottom: 1x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    I'll briefly explain why this config is the best in terms of airflow/noise ration and price.

The NF-A14 doesn't like it when there isn't enough space on the suction side and will emit an annoying suction noise if placed in the front of your case. Our NF-S12A PWM has a very neutral and pleasant sound to it, while still moving a lot of air.

Having 2x NF-S12A PWM in the front and 1x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap on the bottom instead of 2x NF-A14 PWM will give you higher airflow while also being quieter. This solution is a bit expensive but definitively worth it.

It's not necessary to mount fans on the back of your case, since your 3x NF-S12A chromax.black.swap and 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (mounted on the radiator) will provide sufficient airflow.

worf105, Mar 26, 2020
  3. case fan connectors

If the fan has a 4 pin Molex and a 3 pin plug then the molex plugs into a power supply plug and the 3 pin plug feeds rotation info to the motherboard. You may need to replace the fan with a 4 pin connector like this
    Cooler Master: PWM Fan 120mm

Indianatone, Mar 26, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement

case fan position

upon further review my suggestions to solve all you overheating issues are:

1 remove the second rear fan opening cover grill and install another exhaust fan

2 replace the Ultra 120 with an Arctic Cooler 7 to direct air to back of case

3 replace the psu with one that has the 120mm or 140mm bottom fan

4 drill out the small holes in the back and front of case with a 3/16" drill bit

5 cut out the bottom of the case floor leaving 1 1/2" all the way around then install hex mesh grill

if that is done you will no longer have heat issues

keakar, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement

1. Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement - Similar Threads - Front case fan

2. Earbud case replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earbud case replacement: I have lost my earbud case charger. I don't how to but that item separately and how to get connected to Microsoft support in France. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earbud-case-replacement/6f3d9483-2fee-4159-b576-dfc7c4c04b3e
  3. Earbud case replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earbud case replacement: I have lost my earbud case charger. I don't how to but that item separately and how to get connected to Microsoft support in France. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earbud-case-replacement/6f3d9483-2fee-4159-b576-dfc7c4c04b3e
  4. Case Fan Question For Desktop Machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fan Question For Desktop Machine: Purchased a Noctua 120mm replacement exhaust fan for my Thermaltake V200 RGB case for the reason that i like Noctua fans, and figured probably cool better than the Stock 120mm Fan that came with case. Would it be wise to then place the former Stock 120mm Rear Exhaust fan as...
  5. SO i have a few questions. I have 2 intake fans at the front, 2 exhaust at top for aio, 1...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SO i have a few questions. I have 2 intake fans at the front, 2 exhaust at top for aio, 1...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OhdoubleYou21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzy366/so_i_have_a_few_questions_i_have_2_intake_fans_at/
  6. Case Fans Acting Weird

Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  7. USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting

USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting: the title says it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-front-of-case-disconnecting-and/5cbc2b98-1eef-45ce-b3eb-8cfe1c93d552
  8. Mastercase H500p - front fan LEDs not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mastercase H500p - front fan LEDs not working: Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer... I recently bought a PC tower (CyberPower Gaming Knight Elite MSF091802 Desktop) from the Microsoft store. I needed it for its powerful graphics card,...
  9. case fan connectors

case fan connectors: ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin...
  10. On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2: Hello, I am facing a typical issue on Wsus server in my 8yrs career. Scenario is i have 3 pcs with windows 10. 1) I have installed windows 10 on 3 pcs with same bootable usb. 2) When i access WSUS server to see if they are reporting on WSUS server to get windows...