Windows 10: Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

Discus and support Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Amongst all applications that utilize cameras, the only option I am provided with is use of the rear camera. This includes the Camera App, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OrangeDoggy, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

Hello,

Amongst all applications that utilize cameras, the only option I am provided with is use of the rear camera. This includes the Camera App, as well as Zoom video conferences, and Skype.

I've done some sleuthing on the matter -- tried updating drivers and straight up uninstalling the camera. No matter what, the only camera I am able to use is the rear one. Also, I've tried restarting multiple times.

In device manager, under the camera category, the IntelR AVStream Camera 2500 is present. Under System devices, Microsoft Camera Rear and Microsoft Camera front are present. As far as I can tell these are the only three camera components. Am I simply missing drivers for the front camera?

:)

OrangeDoggy, Mar 31, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 31, 2020
  3. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2020
  4. bbbhh Win User

Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

Camera App Windows 10 starts default with front-facing camera

Hi all,

the Camera App on my Windows 10 somehow starts directly with the front-facing camera. I'm using a surface pro 4. I remember, it used to start with the main camera as default. Is there anyway to configure it to start with the main camera. I couldn't figure it out from the setting. (I'm not the selfie type, so this annoys me quite a bit).

Bests,

bbbhh, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

1. Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go - Similar Threads - Front facing Camera

2. Windows Hello Face authentication - Camera Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face authentication - Camera Unavailable: I just got my new Windows PC, which is an updated version of the one my husband has. He is able to use Windows Hello Face Authentication to unlock his computer. But when I go under settings to do this, it says my camera is unavailable. The camera works for everything else. So...
  3. Windows Hello Face authentication - Camera Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face authentication - Camera Unavailable: I just got my new Windows PC, which is an updated version of the one my husband has. He is able to use Windows Hello Face Authentication to unlock his computer. But when I go under settings to do this, it says my camera is unavailable. The camera works for everything else. So...
  4. Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working: Hi, My Surface Pro 8 front facing camera is not working. Taking a picture with it on Camera app gives the 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout error, and pic/video function, doesn't work on the app or on any other app eg Teams. The rear camera works fine completely. I've...
  5. Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working

Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working: Hi, My Surface Pro 8 front facing camera is not working. Taking a picture with it on Camera app gives the 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout error, and pic/video function, doesn't work on the app or on any other app eg Teams. The rear camera works fine completely. I've...
  6. my camera has issue when opening it,:"FRONT FACING CAMERA"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera has issue when opening it,:"FRONT FACING CAMERA": CAMERA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-issue-when-opening-itfront-facing/ca6ca7c0-6c01-44e5-8ae5-37b6ad01b022
  7. reverse a front facing camera on hp elitebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reverse a front facing camera on hp elitebook: How do I reverse the front facing camera to rear facing? Tried control panel and device manager but still can't do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-a-front-facing-camera-on-hp-elitebook/b9d2ea4e-7e1d-496a-befd-29d6e6285ca9
  8. i cannot change camera from front facing to outward facing.

i cannot change camera from front facing to outward facing.: i cannot change camera from front facing to outward facing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-change-camera-from-front-facing-to/fe23f42b-7f49-48e3-9def-36811622f376
  9. Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy: Surface Pro 6 self view or front facing-camera is fuzzy but main camera is clear. I have run the latest Windows update for Surface Pro 6 as of May 15. Camera has only IntelR AVStream Camera 2500 available by checking "Device Manager" . I have applied the latest update on the...
  10. My front-facing camera can't work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My front-facing camera can't work?: Im using lenovo ideapad 520s. A sign of camera with a slash shows up when i open windows camera app. THe same thing occured after i installed other camera apps and opened them. What should I do?...