Windows 10: front ports on desktop

Discus and support front ports on desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok im not real good with computers so i was familiarizing myself with the computer so i guess i switched the assigned color ports on the front panel in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dozsha1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. dozsha1 Win User

front ports on desktop

ok im not real good with computers so i was familiarizing myself with the computer so i guess i switched the assigned color ports on the front panel in the system now when i plug in the splitter with mic and headphones the mic shows up in the color spot as headphone port and the headphone in the mic port can anyone tell me how to switch it back please im using windows 10 pc is a cyberpower x-nova case i think so now they won't work please help sorry abot the running together of sentences just little P off thanks in advanced

:)

dozsha1, Nov 18, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

front ports on desktop [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 18, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 18, 2018
  4. front ports on desktop

Windows 10 lost COM ports

Hi John,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the missing ports on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which devices are using the COM port on your computer?

Additionally, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to perform the
    Advanced startup options (including safe mode).
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to install the port on your PC properly.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

front ports on desktop

1. front ports on desktop - Similar Threads - front ports desktop

2. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  3. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  4. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front audio ports not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front audio ports not detected: The front audio ports on my case stopped working, I have tried all the recommended fixes, update drivers, reinstall realtek audio manager etc, I have looked at the connection and everything seems fine, it just doesn't recognize the jacks. I have tried different headphones...
  6. Two front USB ports are not working

Two front USB ports are not working: My front 2 USB ports are not working or recognizing when a device is plugged in, the back ports work fine. The USB devices that I've tried have a light that lights up when they're connected - that won't even light up when it's plugged into the front ports. My computer is an...
  7. Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports

Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports: Hello, So I recently finished building my PC. Running windows 10 and a ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. Connected to my monitor with no integrated speakers off an HDMI. So I have been using a set of desktop speakers, but for some reason are not read if I use the front audio port on...
  8. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  9. Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?

Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?: Hello, Before going thru the agony of trying to solve this with HP, thought I'd ask here first. Have always gotten such good advice from you folks. Have a relatively new HP Pavilion Model 590- Desktop. Running W10. All seems to work just fine, but- Bought a 1 TB WD...
  10. Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?

in Windows 10 News
    Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?: Hello, Before going thru the agony of trying to solve this with HP, thought I'd ask here first. Have always gotten such good advice from you folks. Have a relatively new HP Pavilion Model 590- Desktop. Running W10. All seems to work just fine, but- Bought a 1 TB WD...