Windows 10: Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

Discus and support Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by l3gi0n, Feb 15, 2021.

1. l3gi0n Win User

Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case...

When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well...

But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a notification when this happens...but I didn't take note of it..

Could this be due to driver problems ? There is no USB 2.0 entry in device manager as you can see in this link: usb — ImgBB

What should I do ?

:)

l3gi0n, Feb 15, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!! [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Power Surge on the USB port?

Hi Bob,

When a user tried uninstalling the USB drivers, it usually installs itself again when the computer restarts. It is a fact that most of the Mouse and Keyboard nowadays are connected using USB connection instead of their traditional PS/2 port. We suggest that
    you visit the link provided and follow the steps provided:
    USB has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of it's hub Port , you should disconnect the device

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Maria Fab Win User

3.0 usb keeps disconnecting on 3.0 port

Hi,

Since you have made all the steps necessary, however the issue still persists, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet Forum for further assistance. Click here.

Regards.

Maria Fab, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!! - Similar Threads - Front USB port

2. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  3. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  4. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  6. USB ports disconnecting

USB ports disconnecting: Whenever I plug in my wired connection with USB adaptor, my wireless mouse will disconnect randomly and stutter a lot. However, when i unplug my wired connection, my mouse will work perfectly fine. How do I fix this?...
  7. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  8. USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting

USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting: the title says it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-front-of-case-disconnecting-and/5cbc2b98-1eef-45ce-b3eb-8cfe1c93d552
  9. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  10. Front USB ports don't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front USB ports don't work.: Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port. I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what...