Windows 10: Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot

Discus and support Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Oh boy, relieved i finally made headway. Annoyed it took so long. So i'm working on some bootable flash drives. Problem is, they were booting on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klepp0906, Mar 18, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot

Oh boy, relieved i finally made headway. Annoyed it took so long.

So i'm working on some bootable flash drives. Problem is, they were booting on one pc, and not the other. Both UEFI, both CSM off, both the same exact drives etc.

I know the usb ports work as i use them relatively often (my front usb2 are closer than the 3 Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot :p)

however for some reason during boot up, it would not see the drives if they were in the front usb 2.0 ports. Sees them in usb 3.0 ports fine.

Does this have something to do with the hand-off type settings u often see in the bios? Any ideas?

its a z370 asus board fwiw

:)

klepp0906, Mar 18, 2020

2. USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 18, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 18, 2020
  4. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot - Similar Threads - Front USB ports

2. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  3. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  4. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  6. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  7. Two front USB ports are not working

Two front USB ports are not working: My front 2 USB ports are not working or recognizing when a device is plugged in, the back ports work fine. The USB devices that I've tried have a light that lights up when they're connected - that won't even light up when it's plugged into the front ports. My computer is an...
  8. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  9. USB 2 port not working

USB 2 port not working: The USB 2 port on my HP Pavillion laptop doesn't work; Device Manager doesn't recognize the port but there is power at the port and it will run a charger. The MS USB Troubleshooter responds with, "The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed." I've...
  10. Front USB ports don't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front USB ports don't work.: Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port. I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what...