Windows 10: Front USB connectors

Discus and support Front USB connectors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Curious, is there any options available to connect the front USB 2.0 (on a desktop), to a USB 3.0 PCIe card? Thus, giving the front USB ports, 3.0,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by teecuptech, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Front USB connectors

Curious, is there any options available to connect the front USB 2.0 (on a desktop), to a USB 3.0 PCIe card?
    Thus, giving the front USB ports, 3.0, versus 2.0.

Thanks in advance for all your ideas...

:)

teecuptech, Jan 26, 2019

2. What is App Connector...?

Right, you might not be a developer but at some point you might use a 3rd party UWP App.

The UWP Skype App needs access to your camera and your microphone ... while not a 3rd party App, Skype might not have access to those without App Connector - not sure, just an example.

The Google App (Ok Google) needs to access your microphone.

Instead of everyone writing their own access, getting permissions, etc, their Apps ask the App Connector to service their requests.

This approach is nothing new to Android users, when an Android App gets installed, it lists the permissions it requires. You either accept them or cancel the install. Most people accept and install the App. MS might be trying to get past that one install step by granting the permissions to the App Connector. The permissions are listed on the App page in the Store - nothing nefarious, just eliminating a step.

Keep in mind - this is all conjecture on my part - no hard evidence did I find *Wink

Slartybart, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Issues With Windows Phone Connector for Mac

edved,
    Could you try the following steps:

• Remove the pinlock from your phone and restart the device.
    • Open the Keychain Access application and remove the login certificate called "Windows Phone 7 Connector" and reboot your Mac.
    Please respond with the outcome of these steps.

Resnick, Can you also try the same steps.

Scott M - MSFT, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Front USB connectors

DisplayLink Demonstrates USB-C Docking Experience That "Just Works"

I'm glad they finally cleared up that you could use USB 3.1 Type-A connector the same way you could use USB 3.1 Type-C connector. For a while they had me worried I could connect screen only to USB 3.1 Type-C port.

Just when I thought we will have only two connectors (Type-A and Type-C) they brought up Type-B connector. Instead of Type-B they should use Type-A connector which is as robust as Type-B.
    Well done, you screwed up again and now we will have 3 USB connectors in the future instead of 2.

Uplink10, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Front USB connectors

1. Front USB connectors - Similar Threads - Front USB connectors

2. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  3. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  4. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front USB Recognition Issue

Front USB Recognition Issue: I have this seemingly random, recurring issue with the front two USB ports on my PC. I have a pair of externally powered Seagate 500GB Freeagent HDDs of different vintages that I use for system images and they plug into one of the two front USB ports on the tower. It seems...
  6. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  7. Two front USB ports are not working

Two front USB ports are not working: My front 2 USB ports are not working or recognizing when a device is plugged in, the back ports work fine. The USB devices that I've tried have a light that lights up when they're connected - that won't even light up when it's plugged into the front ports. My computer is an...
  8. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  9. Front USB ports don't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front USB ports don't work.: Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port. I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what...
  10. Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?)

Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?): One side is standard USB A-Type and the other is this (two different angles): [img] I'm not sure what device it came with, it's been in my cupboard a while.There is a USB 3.0 SS logo on it and it looks very similar to 'USB 3.0 B-Type' but the middle of the connector doesn't...