Windows 10: Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?

Discus and support Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Before going thru the agony of trying to solve this with HP, thought I'd ask here first. Have always gotten such good advice from you folks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert11, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?

Hello,

Before going thru the agony of trying to solve this with HP, thought I'd ask here first.
    Have always gotten such good advice from you folks.

Have a relatively new HP Pavilion Model 590- Desktop. Running W10.

All seems to work just fine, but-

Bought a 1 TB WD external HD. Passport series.
    It also seems to work fine. They say, and other Reviews have confirmed, that it will/should work on either
    USB 2 or 3 Ports.

Well, if I plug it into any of the rear USB 3 Ports, it works fine.
    If I plug it into one of the front USB 3 Ports, the cursor, and presumably everything else, freezes.

There is a second USB 3 Port on the front, but presently it has a Mouse wireless dongle in it, and
    I am very reluctant to remove it to evaluate if the WD Drive plays in this other front Port.

Have wiggled the connector, etc. Also a shutdown and re-start.

Any idea what might be wrong, or what to try next ?

Can't get to Device Mgr., as all is frozen. But I can if I remove the WD Drive.
    Something to check here, perhaps (with the Ext. Drive removed)
    Or, with the Ext. Drive in one of the working Rear Ports ?

I can live without this Port, of course, but would like to understand why.

Thanks, appreciate the help,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 30, 2019
  2. mnsdfhrug Win User

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ? c05258839.jpg

Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ? c05240717.jpg

1. USB 2.0: 2
    2. LAN (Ethernet)
    3. HDMI out
    4. USB 3.0: 2
    5. Audio: Line in
    6. Audio: Line out
    7. Audio: Microphone
    Here are photos of the front and back of one of the HP pavilion desktops. As seen on the front, you can only plug in headphones, but not microphone so I can't use that. Looking at the back, I'm not sure what audio line in and line out means. Microphone can probably work with slot 7 but I'm not sure about the headphones.

I need the headphone and microphone ports to be very close to each other, so I can plug in a typical headset.

mnsdfhrug, Apr 30, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    No audio on HP desktop 590-poo16

Hi Terry

Windows Update may have corrupted your Audio drivers . .

Click the link below to download the Realtek Audio device drivers for your new PC form the HP Support website, then install that version of the drivers . . .

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers/selfservic...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to boot into the Desktop on HP Pavilion 20-b014

Hi Tophy,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue from your end.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating.

This issue might occur, if there is an issue with hardware and drivers.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

• Are you referring to HP Pavilion Laptop or Desktop?

• Did you try reaching BIOS using external keyboard (if you are using Laptop)?
    Please follow below mentioned methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1:
    If you are using HP Pavilion
    Laptop.

Please Connect to External keyboard and try below mentioned steps:

• Restart Laptop and click any function keys
      Like F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
    • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled
      Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
      Boot Order, then press Enter.
    • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
      Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
    • Press F10 to save your changes and to
      exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Now, download Windows 10 from below link.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • From above link, navigate to option “Using media creation tool”->”Perform a clean installation using USB or DVD” and follow steps from
      step 3.
    Note: Clean Installation will delete all your files and programs.

Method 2:
    If you are using HP Pavilion Desktop.

If you are having spare keyboard, connect to your desktop and check if that works.

If the issue still persists, please contact the HP support for further assistance with the issue. Refer to below link to contact HP support.

Contact HP Customer Support for HP Pavilion 20-b014 All-in-One Desktop PC | HP® Customer Support

Disclaimer:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ? - Similar Threads - Front USB Port

2. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  3. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  4. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  6. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  7. Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?

in Windows 10 News
    Front USB Port Problem On HP Pavilion 590 Desktop ?: Hello, Before going thru the agony of trying to solve this with HP, thought I'd ask here first. Have always gotten such good advice from you folks. Have a relatively new HP Pavilion Model 590- Desktop. Running W10. All seems to work just fine, but- Bought a 1 TB WD...
  8. No audio on HP desktop 590-poo16

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No audio on HP desktop 590-poo16: I don't have audio on a brand new HP-590-poo16 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-on-hp-desktop-590-poo16/cdd4b11e-c891-4999-904a-f32d29d858c0
  9. front ports on desktop

front ports on desktop: ok im not real good with computers so i was familiarizing myself with the computer so i guess i switched the assigned color ports on the front panel in the system now when i plug in the splitter with mic and headphones the mic shows up in the color spot as headphone port and...
  10. Front USB ports don't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front USB ports don't work.: Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port. I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion desktop 590-0054 computer storage issue