Windows 10: Front usb wont recognise hdd

Discus and support Front usb wont recognise hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, My front usb ports 2.0 are doing something odd, one doesnt work or recognise anything while the other will detect my xb1 controller and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JesterFX, May 22, 2020.

1. JesterFX Win User

Front usb wont recognise hdd

Hi All,

My front usb ports 2.0 are doing something odd, one doesnt work or recognise anything while the other will detect my xb1 controller and network adapter but wont detect hard drives. i can plug those hdd's in the back ports and everything is detected. as soon as i try the front ports, nothing, but as i say one of them detects usb controllers etc.

Any ideas?

TIA

:)

JesterFX, May 22, 2020
  2. Fal73 Win User

Not recognising HDD

I recently updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Update, when I put my computer to sleep when it wakes up it does not recognise my Toshiba HDD. I run my OS and main programs off my Samsung SDD but my documents, music, photos etc. are on my other HDD which is
    not being recognised by my computer. After I restart my computer it shows up again, but if were to put it to sleep again, it would not appear.

When it is not showing up in "my computer" it is also not appearing on device manager.

Suggestions?

Fal73, May 22, 2020
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2020
  4. Front usb wont recognise hdd

Windows 10 File History won't recognise USB HDD

As usual the "Half a Job is good enough" Loonies at Microsoft have done it again.

Their "So Called" Backup using File history does not recognize a HDD connected to your PC by USB.

So this "so Called" Life Saving Application is actually as useless as an ashtray on a Motorbike. Unless you open up your PC and Physically install a second HDD internally. If you don't, then this stupid application wont find anything else.

It never ceases to amaze me just how backward these "So called" Microsoft innovators are, in general, they are always one or two steps behind modern technology.

LanceDickchops, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Front usb wont recognise hdd

1. Front usb wont recognise hdd - Similar Threads - Front usb wont

2. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  3. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  4. PC won't recognise external USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't recognise external USB HDD: I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer TC-1660 with Windows 11. I'm trying to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new PC. I attach the HDD Seagate ST 1000DM003...
  5. PC won't recognise external USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't recognise external USB HDD: I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer TC-1660 with Windows 11. I'm trying to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new PC. I attach the HDD Seagate ST 1000DM003...
  6. HDD not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not recognised: Hi, Am hoping somebody can give me some help getting my 2nd HDD recognised. The full story in brief on how this has happened is :- I did a windows update & after that my pc wouldnt boot i suspect due to usb drivers being disabled , anyway it meant i couldnt even use my mouse...
  7. Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB 2.0 ports wont work during boot: Oh boy, relieved i finally made headway. Annoyed it took so long. So i'm working on some bootable flash drives. Problem is, they were booting on one pc, and not the other. Both UEFI, both CSM off, both the same exact drives etc. I know the usb ports work as i use them...
  8. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  9. MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT

MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT: I am getting this message: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. and this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. I have...
  10. Portable HDD and pens not recognised in USB ports

Portable HDD and pens not recognised in USB ports: I have a 2 year old CIT cobra case and have always had varying issues with portable HDD's and USB pens being recognised don't have any issues with the rear USB ports...one USB pen actually changed its contents partly to what was on it before I formatted it.... I am...