Windows 10: Frozen Cursor

Discus and support Frozen Cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; That was the right hint, , thank you, thank you! The toggle is Fn + F7 as per [MEDIA] I got my mouse back *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrozenCursor, Apr 7, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

Frozen Cursor

Good job!
    Have fun!

badrobot, Apr 9, 2015

2. Hey, I'm having a frozen cursor problem too but I don't think the problem is the driver...it boots up okay and I'm able to use it for a few seconds but then it seems to freeze for no reason...have restarted several times and the same thing happens...I'm going to get a mouse but don't think it'll help...Can't find help from Microsoft, amazingly enough.

Frozencursor2, Jul 30, 2015
  3. I have the same problem, I'm not really computer savvy at all so if anyone knows what to do about this that'd be amazing. I checked that the track pad wasnt disabled.

I have an Asus, it's only like 3 years old so I didn't think the update would be such a massive problem.

Frozencursor3, Aug 2, 2015
  4. cakepro Win User

Frozen Cursor

I also have an Asus laptop that is about 3 months old and I have the exact same problem you described. *Sick Hoping someone can help!

cakepro, Aug 3, 2015
  5. I called Microsoft IT and they couldn't help me and they're gonna call me today with someone more intense, I'll let you know what they do.

Frozencursor3, Aug 3, 2015
  6. cakepro Win User
    Okay, I was able to resolve the touchpad issue with the instructions found here: Touch pad not working with WIndows 10 - Forums - CNET

Now I need to figure out why wifi is not working. I have gone to the Asus support website and there are drivers available, but none for my Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260. Gonna keep on looking.

Good luck! *Smile

cakepro, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Well now my TouchPad works, except the cursor won't actually click on things. Gonna try restarting and if that doesn't work I'll just wait for IT to call me back.

Frozencursor3, Aug 3, 2015
  8. cakepro Win User

Frozen Cursor

I had the exact same trouble. I had to go back into settings and change the primary mouse button from right to left (although initially, neither button was working). That solved the problem.

cakepro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Frozen Cursor

1. Frozen Cursor - Similar Threads - Frozen Cursor

2. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...: Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor, can't shut the computer off completely thr sides still blinking how to fix it please...
  3. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...: Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor, can't shut the computer off completely thr sides still blinking how to fix it please...
  4. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode: so hey yalli had an issue with my device on 2 different windows installswindows 10 and windows 11every few days 5-7 daysmy laptop would overheat with the fan going on max speed while being in sleep modeafter opening the laptop it has a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor...
  6. windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode

windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode: so hey yalli had an issue with my device on 2 different windows installswindows 10 and windows 11every few days 5-7 daysmy laptop would overheat with the fan going on max speed while being in sleep modeafter opening the laptop it has a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor...
  7. Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...: I am not sure exactly what caused this. I installed Windows 8.1 on my computer and after it was finished, my cursor stopped moving. It teleports randomly across the screen sometimes, the F keys won’t work, and I can’t click anything. What are some solutions to this....
  8. Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...

Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...: I am not sure exactly what caused this. I installed Windows 8.1 on my computer and after it was finished, my cursor stopped moving. It teleports randomly across the screen sometimes, the F keys won’t work, and I can’t click anything. What are some solutions to this....
  9. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...
  10. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...