Windows 10: Frozen during Factory Reset, Win 11

Discus and support Frozen during Factory Reset, Win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface Laptop Go, the 1st editionLately I am trying to factory reset my laptop because I intend to gift it to someone else. Naturally I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IqbalR, May 15, 2024.

1. IqbalR Win User

Frozen during Factory Reset, Win 11

I have a Surface Laptop Go, the 1st editionLately I am trying to factory reset my laptop because I intend to gift it to someone else. Naturally I try to perform a factory reset on the laptop. Initially everything went well. Until I come to this screen. I have successfully reset the laptop and was on the path to preapre it anew. But once I reach this screen everything was frozen. The keyboard do not respond, the trackpad do not respond, even the touch screen do not respond. The laptop was plugged-in initially, but after an hour of waiting I decided to pull the plug and let it run out of battery

:)

IqbalR, May 15, 2024

2. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

ConorRoss112, May 16, 2024
  3. RCoon Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, May 16, 2024
  4. iAmin Win User

Diskpart : there are no fixed disks to show.. Factory reset gone awful

Hi everyone, I was asked to factory reset an Asus laptop and install a win 7 on it, while starting to install the win 7 I got stuck with the "no device drivers were found", searched for some tutorial on YouTube, found this vid: , followed the command codes step by step on MS-DOS : ( Diskpart >>> list disk >>> select disk 0 >>>> Clean >>>> create partition primary >>>> format fs=ntfs quick) and now I completely lost the disk 0 with all system files, no hard drive showing as a boot option in the BIOS. Am I screwed ? Is there a way to create or reactivate the internal HDD ?? Thank you in advance for your help

iAmin, May 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Frozen during Factory Reset, Win 11 - Similar Threads - Frozen during Factory

2. Frozen during Factory Reset, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen during Factory Reset, Win 11: I have a Surface Laptop Go, the 1st editionLately I am trying to factory reset my laptop because I intend to gift it to someone else. Naturally I try to perform a factory reset on the laptop. Initially everything went well. Until I come to this screen. I have successfully...
  3. Installing windows frozen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows frozen after factory reset: Hi my laptop is currently stuck at 64% and has been for days without moving any further after I cleared my Acer cloud book back to factory settings. Am looking to see what I can do tried on and off and resetting again and nothing changes....
  4. Installing windows frozen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows frozen after factory reset: Hi my laptop is currently stuck at 64% and has been for days without moving any further after I cleared my Acer cloud book back to factory settings. Am looking to see what I can do tried on and off and resetting again and nothing changes....
  5. Laptop frozen on 65% factory reset

Laptop frozen on 65% factory reset: Hi there, i been waiting for my laptop to factory reset for about 6 hours but its been frozen on 65% and the dots that are supposed to rotate in a circle have been frozen for about 4 hours now and it won't budge. I'm not sure what I should do I unplugged the charger but I...
  6. Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen

Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen: Hello, i had to reset my computer back to factory default due to it previously being my work computer and now im using it for personal use. I have done everything correctly, it said it cleaned up my computer 100%, and now its frozen, it just shows the Dell logo on my screen....
  7. Factory reset frozen at 44%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset frozen at 44%?: submitted by /u/a-person-on-reddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hodfvn/factory_reset_frozen_at_44/
  8. No Display During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Display During Factory Reset: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop whose screen is cracked, broken and unreadable. To use it, I have an external keyboard/mouse and an HDMI cord hooked up to a TV monitor. I decided to factory reset the laptop, but I'm four hours in and the display to the TV monitor no longer...
  9. Unplugging during a factory reset

Unplugging during a factory reset: I just want to know if I can unplug my laptop's charger now that it's performing a factory reset because the battery is 100% and I'm afraid keeping it plugged in would damage the battery. However before performing the factory reset i was told that the reset would only be done...
  10. Stuck during factory reset.

Stuck during factory reset.: So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964