Windows 10: Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

Discus and support Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joanna08uk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall programme available on their website but upon restart I can no longer get past the login screen as I can't use my keyboard or mouse to enter my password. I can enter a screen that allows me to select safe mode but again I can't enter my password. I have a Dell restore USB but this will not work. I have tried USB mouse and keyboard but no luck either. I cannot preform a restore at all.
    Any ideas of what I could try next?

:)

Joanna08uk, Jan 22, 2016

2. windows 10

turn on power...get to login screen...mouse and keyboard frozen..dell windows 10...last upgrade creators...this problem was showing up occasionally...now unable to sign on.

DonaldHughesRP, Jan 22, 2016
  3. WarnerPC Win User
    After Upgrade, pressing the key for password in the login screen goes into a blank screen

Original title: Windows 10 Upgrade hiccup

I upgraded a PC to Windows 10 32bit from Windows 7 32bit.

I completed the download and installation.

The PC starts up and it shows the new login screen.

As soon as a key for password is pressed the PC goes into a blank screen and the keyboard and the mouse gets frozen.

WarnerPC, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

Private, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

1. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen - Similar Threads - Frozen keyboard mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  4. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  6. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  7. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...
  9. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen: I was fettling my fan curves on my ASrock X570 pro4 (AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 32GB 3000 DDR4, 512Gb Nvme SSD) to quieten it down a little, I was using the ASrock utility in Windows 10 (2004 update). The temps were at about 40degrees (CPU and motherboard) 52degrees (chipset)...
  10. Keyboard frozen on login screen

Keyboard frozen on login screen: Hi, please can someone help me out? I haven't used my dell inspiron laptop for a month or so, turned it on yesterday and it did some sort of upgrade which took a while. Eventually took me to my Windows 10 login page. I could move the cursor around and use the tab key and...