Windows 10: frozen laptop cursor

Discus and support frozen laptop cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows 10, 1809 left my laptop for 5 minutes last night, came back to find i couldn't move my cursor with the touchpad (could with my wireless mouse)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VFN, Feb 11, 2020.

1. VFN
    VFN Win User

frozen laptop cursor

windows 10, 1809

left my laptop for 5 minutes last night, came back to find i couldn't move my cursor with the touchpad (could with my wireless mouse)

the left click function was working at first but seemed not to after one of my restarts

tried fn + F9 (which worked once before if memory serves) f9 alone, removed my touchpad driver (but not the option to remove software as well) restarted, but to no avail

finally restored to an automatic checkpoint which fixed the issue

can someone tell me what the problem may've been and if there's something I should try next time in the event I experience it again

thanks as always

:)

2. Frozen Cursor

Thanks, but the stumbling block for re-installing drivers is the frozen cursor. I manage to open the Device Manager by typing in the Search Box in the Taskbar of Windows 10 Technical Preview. But with a frozen (or invisible) cursor, I can't navigate to the 'Mice and other pointing devices' to open it, etc.

Previously, I tried to re-install the original OS (Windows 7 Starter) but I couldn't do it because of the same frozen (or invisible) cursor problem.

I am thus basically looking for a way to re-install either drivers or OS without using the cursor.

FrozenCursor, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Frozen Cursor

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, after doing the procedure several times, the cursor is still frozen. The cursor sometimes disappears. Sometimes, a message on the bottom right hand corner of the screen slides in (and out) saying that I need to click it and re-enter my Microsoft account password. Of course I can't click the message with the frozen or invisible cursor.

Any further ideas?

4. frozen laptop cursor

Frozen Cursor

I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why.

I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to the EULA, but I could not navigate the frozen cursor to tick off the box, and I had to shut off the power.

The netbook can still be booted to Windows 10 Technical Preview, I can still logon, but the cursor remains frozen.

Any ideas on how to get the netbook running again, with Windows 7 or 10 ? Thanks!

Thema:

frozen laptop cursor

1. frozen laptop cursor - Similar Threads - frozen laptop cursor

2. Windows 7 frozen cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 frozen cursor: Have an H-P Pavilion with Windows 7. Willing to replace desktop and upgrade but cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen and I'd like to download some files before doing so. Any way to unfreeze cursor?...
  3. Windows 7 frozen cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 frozen cursor: Have an H-P Pavilion with Windows 7. Willing to replace desktop and upgrade but cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen and I'd like to download some files before doing so. Any way to unfreeze cursor?...
  4. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen laptop: Hi, so I recently dropped my Acer aspire 5, I dropped it on the left side. At that moment I was watching something on netflix and the screen froze, 1/10 of the screen on the left is slightly lower and on top of it is a white with different colour dots. My keyboard isn't...
  5. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen laptop: Hi, so I recently dropped my Acer aspire 5, I dropped it on the left side. At that moment I was watching something on netflix and the screen froze, 1/10 of the screen on the left is slightly lower and on top of it is a white with different colour dots. My keyboard isn't...
  6. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  7. Cursor invisible/frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor invisible/frozen: I am using a Lenovo Ideapad touchscreen laptop with WIndows 10. I don't use a USB mouse and I don't have one on hand, I just use the trackpad. A few hours ago my pointer disappeared completely from my screen. I'm not positive, but this may have coincided with some accidental...
  8. Laptop frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frozen: My Lenove laptop boots up, but then is unresponsive - won't open programs, connect to internet - nothing! ctrl-alt-delete doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen/624d45b0-9a96-4a3b-9a76-5ac3edafa957
  9. Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Frozen Cursor: Hello, I've just Installed Windows 10 on a newly assembled PC. My update was turned off. On the first day around 4th time when I shut down my PC, It was stuck on a black screen with frozen cursor and keyboard didn't work. I had to restart my PC by long pressing the Power...
  10. Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen Cursor: I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why. I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to...