Windows 10: frozen laptop cursor

Discus and support frozen laptop cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows 10, 1809 left my laptop for 5 minutes last night, came back to find i couldn't move my cursor with the touchpad (could with my wireless mouse)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VFN, Feb 11, 2020.

1. VFN
    VFN Win User

frozen laptop cursor

windows 10, 1809

left my laptop for 5 minutes last night, came back to find i couldn't move my cursor with the touchpad (could with my wireless mouse)

the left click function was working at first but seemed not to after one of my restarts

tried fn + F9 (which worked once before if memory serves) f9 alone, removed my touchpad driver (but not the option to remove software as well) restarted, but to no avail

finally restored to an automatic checkpoint which fixed the issue

can someone tell me what the problem may've been and if there's something I should try next time in the event I experience it again

thanks as always

:)

2. Frozen Cursor

Thanks, but the stumbling block for re-installing drivers is the frozen cursor. I manage to open the Device Manager by typing in the Search Box in the Taskbar of Windows 10 Technical Preview. But with a frozen (or invisible) cursor, I can't navigate to the 'Mice and other pointing devices' to open it, etc.

Previously, I tried to re-install the original OS (Windows 7 Starter) but I couldn't do it because of the same frozen (or invisible) cursor problem.

I am thus basically looking for a way to re-install either drivers or OS without using the cursor.

FrozenCursor, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Frozen Cursor

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, after doing the procedure several times, the cursor is still frozen. The cursor sometimes disappears. Sometimes, a message on the bottom right hand corner of the screen slides in (and out) saying that I need to click it and re-enter my Microsoft account password. Of course I can't click the message with the frozen or invisible cursor.

Any further ideas?

4. frozen laptop cursor

Frozen Cursor

I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why.

I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to the EULA, but I could not navigate the frozen cursor to tick off the box, and I had to shut off the power.

The netbook can still be booted to Windows 10 Technical Preview, I can still logon, but the cursor remains frozen.

Any ideas on how to get the netbook running again, with Windows 7 or 10 ? Thanks!

Thema:

frozen laptop cursor

1. frozen laptop cursor - Similar Threads - frozen laptop cursor

2. Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt: I'm unable to use the touchpad on my laptop and after a lot of checking on my laptop, it says that a file called "pin_eoa.cur" is either missing or corrupt. It says that it contains the "Location Select" cursor. However, whenever I use command sfc/scannow, it says all files...
  3. Mouse cursor frozen and can't move.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor frozen and can't move.: Hello. I booted my PC this evening and discovered that I couldn't move my cursor at all. I'm using a Logitech G603 and my first instinct was to take out the batteries and put them back in, which didn't work. Switching the batteries didn't either. I thought I'd put new...
  4. My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating": Hello, yesterday I was using my laptop then when I was using Messenger, it said "No More Memory, please end a task" and so I looked at the taskbar and most of it was an app from system32 called "audiodg.exe" I then proceeded to end it and then I Shut it Down. After that, when...
  5. frozen laptop computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frozen laptop computer: I checked your help screen with regards to this problem but all your suggestions require typing a command. My computer is frozen on a screen and I cannot type. I have pulled the plug and am allowing the battery to die and when the battery dies I can re-plug the power in and...
  6. Laptop Frozen During Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Laptop Frozen During Restore: Initiated a Restore to an earlier Restore Point and the Laptop is now frozen at a black screen (at least for 30 minutes now). Help! Win10 Build 1709 104477
  7. Laptop frozen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop frozen after sleep mode: Acer predator running on Windows 10 , my doesn't wake up after it went it to sleep mode and it be come frozen after that ,any ideas guys ? Plz help thx a lot 46697
  8. Laptop Screen Black With Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Black With Cursor: So as I was sitting around watching YouTube, I decided to switch to a different video and as I clicked into fullscreen the screen went black. I clicked and as I did this a popped up. I didn't have time to read it because as soon as it came up it was gone. I turned the...
  9. after windows 10 upgrade cursor is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    after windows 10 upgrade cursor is frozen: after windows 10 upgrade cursor is frozen i have tried to reboot, remove battery for certain amount of time, trouble shoot the hardware, nothing works. when i start up the computer i am able use the mouse but once it properly boots up THE MOUSE IS FROZEN IN THE MIDDLE...
  10. Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen Cursor: I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why. I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to...