Windows 10: Frozen lock screen

Discus and support Frozen lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. Yesturday, night i had a time limit on my computer which was past its screen time. I tried to send a request to my parents but however, i had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EthanChong2, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Frozen lock screen

Hello.

Yesturday, night i had a time limit on my computer which was past its screen time. I tried to send a request to my parents but however, i had an internet problem. I had tried to reconnect in the lock screen by reconnecting and turning off the internet, all of a sudden my computer randomly froze. The clock was working but my keyboard and mouse didn’t work at all.

I don’t know if this is a computer or a mouse/keyboard problem

I couldn’t do anything as i powered off my computer and unplugging it multiple time, as i did this the computer wouldn’t turn back on without me unplugging the pc, i have also tried pressing cntrl, alt, and delete, and searched up other methods on how to fix this issue. None of them had worked, i was wondering if their is any way there could be any ways to fix the issue.

:)

EthanChong2, Jul 14, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Frozen lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 14, 2020
  4. SwagatP Win User

Frozen lock screen

frozen screen

Its working all fine now. Without any need of reset. It did turn out that this frozen screen was due to Microsoft's new app of lock screen beta. Uninstalling that app and once using it on kids mode perfectly solved the problem. Since then this issue never
    came. Thank you for all your suggestions.

SwagatP, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Frozen lock screen

1. Frozen lock screen - Similar Threads - Frozen lock screen

2. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen screen: When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/94457f25-a647-4b54-8963-14bce395c2e0
  3. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen screen: When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/94457f25-a647-4b54-8963-14bce395c2e0
  4. Frozen screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 lock screen frozen

Windows 10 lock screen frozen: Hi, so i have a computer and i just updated from windows 7 to windows 10 and after the update was done lock screen is frozen after while pc got turned off by it self i turned on pc again and same thing happend again i watched youtubes videos and nothing helped. Pc worked when...
  6. Windows Lock Screen frozen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Lock Screen frozen?: Hi, so to begin with let me say I have been dealing with this issue since last night. This is what happened: 1. Computer was working fine, but I noticed my old 120GB IDE drive was not being recognized and I could not access its files. 2. After turning off the computer and...
  7. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frozen Screen: Hi I have an issue where whenever I attempt to turn on my laptop it freezes while booting up and the little boot animation freezes and when I get past that it freezes when I try to log in please help thanks! submitted by /u/YvngPant [link] [comments]...
  8. Frozen Screen

Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  9. SCREEN FROZEN

SCREEN FROZEN: My husband is having a problem with the screen freezing on his Linx tablet. It switches on, he can log in but once the Bing screen appears it freezes. There is no cursor either. We're both Silver Surfers and are not as au fait with technology as most of the members on this...
  10. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: My screen on my windows 10 is frozen before the welcome screen its jjust a picture of a dessert scene there is no password box nothing to click on at all what can i do...